Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-20-2007, 09:02 PM

I don't agree with killing animals just for their fur. leather I'm ok with, because it comes from a cow that is being used. But really, who eats chinchillas and zebras?

I'm a horseback rider, so I have no way of not using leather. I would love to just be able to use synthetic material...but it's not possible. I can at least get a little comfort in knowing that my leather comes from an animal that is being used for its meat as well.

I would rather be scolded for doing what is right than praised for doing what is wrong.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 12-21-2007, 12:23 AM

I really hate it because I have had a chinchilla, the fur is so soft and nice to cuddle but the thought of killing him and skinning him for a nice pair of gloves makes me sick!! and even any other animals,but yes leather is okay if you are using the meat for food too

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Rainshadow_of_Hazelclan (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-30-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singergirl509 View Post
I personally think that killing an animal for their fur is wrong. It makes many animals become extint or put on the endangered lists. I also don't like Faux fur because its still fur. I don't have anything fur related or anything.
Faux fur is not fur, it is just stuff imitating fur, so I have nothing wrong with it, because it is not fur. It's fake stuff made out of acrylic. But I HATE real furs if the animal is killed just for the fur. I have no problem with stuff like the Native Americans killing the animals to survive, and they used ALL of the animal. If you are a hunter or something, I find it okay if you eat all the meat, not just to have something to showcase, and donate the skins to the humane society, as they are now taking old fur clothes and hunter's skins for the orphaned baby animals. Same with leather, it's not right for it just to go to waste.

If everyone cared
and nobody cried
If everyone loved
and nobody lied
Then we'd see the day that nobody died

Siggy made by me. Do not take. Although, I doubt you want one with my username on it...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 01-28-2008, 11:05 PM

no I think fur fake or not looks ugly on a human .

(#25 (permalink))
Old
Kiani (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 2 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 01-29-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamablonde13 View Post
I'm a horseback rider, so I have no way of not using leather. I would love to just be able to use synthetic material...but it's not possible. I can at least get a little comfort in knowing that my leather comes from an animal that is being used for its meat as well.
Actually, there are plenty of synthetic saddles and such available, you just have to know where to look.

I dont wear fur or own anything with any leater in it, and im also a vegan.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-29-2008, 06:17 AM

I only use fake fur, I think I'm allergic to real fur of some kinds of animals. My nose went ballistic a few years ago when I was walking past this girl from school; she was decked head-to-toe in fur. O_o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-29-2008, 07:56 AM

She's lucky that she didn't meet any animal rights fanatics; there are cases of fanatics throwing paint and rotten eggs at people who wear real fur.

I always wear fake fur; I like it. I don't see anything wrong with it at all, it's not real fur and acrylics don't suffer when you make them into fake fur. As for leather, it's the best material to wear for motorbike protective trousers and gloves. I have a synthetic jacket and boots, but the synthetic material is really uncomfortable to wear as trousers, and it's nowhere near as warm as leather is for gloves. At least the meat from the cow is being used.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
beware_toxic_baby_gurl (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 03-01-2008, 08:50 AM

I'm opposed to Animal fur, Especially Rabbit fur. As some of you may know, I have a bunny.
It\s horrible.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 03-09-2008, 03:31 AM

I am totally against animal fur.
Well, that is REAL fur.
Although I love animal print like zebra or leopard or something, I would never actually wear fur.
Only stuff that has an animal print on it, like this comforter I want, which is TOTALLY fake fur. ;D
(#30 (permalink))
Old
xNicole (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-28-2008, 06:50 PM

i dont get the point of using real animal fur...i mean just get the fake one's and fake fur is just as smooth and silky as real fur.^^

AVVIE:ME :P
Hey! It;s Nikki( xXx_cute_nikki_xXx) Had me as a friend?
Add me ;P

SUPER JUNIOR <3
Ryeowook ;P
gahh fan attacks.;P