Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Worst fashion disasters ever! - 10-17-2014, 09:42 PM

In no particular order, here are ten fashion disasters which make the sane people cringe. XD

1. Low slung jeans/trousers. For both guys and girls, this is not a good look. Guys tend to wear their trousers so low that the crotch hangs around their knees and their underwear is on display; girls on the other hand like to show off their muffin tops and builder's cleavage. Ugh, put it away.

2. Ripped jeans. A horror style from the 80s which sadly made a comeback. Looks as tho you're too poor to afford decent clothes, or if you've just been attacked by a pack of dogs.

3. Onesies. Keep it behind closed doors. Face it, you look ridiculous walking down the street in an oversized baby gro. I don't even want to think about what happens when you need the loo.

4. Velour tracksuits. Round where I live, these were a staple clothing item of the chav, trailer trash to Americans. So basically, wear if you want to look cheap and tacky, which I can't imagine that anyone does. Especially bad when worn two sizes too small. Yuck.

5. Shoulder pads. Yet another 80s fashion item which for some unknown reason, has made it back. They looked stupid back then and they look stupid now, so please don't even think about wearing them.

6. Puffball skirts. This skirt was made to ridiculous proportions and ensured that no matter who wore it, they'd end up looking like they had a fat butt. Why this ever came into vogue, I don't know.

7. Shellsuits. Shiny, shapeless, eyeblindingly bright, totally synthetic looking and one hundred percent flammable, this item looked completely unflattering on everyone who wore it. If this 80s fashion staple ever makes it back into fashion, then consider my faith in humanity gone forever.

8. Spandex and lycra. Just, no. This fashion horror showed up every single bulge and fat roll a person had, even if they were a size eight and by all rights, shouldn't have had any. Spandex created ones especially for you. As for lycra, a complete no no. Especially worn by sweaty fat men in the shape of cycling shorts. Just, no.

9. Legwarmers. Usually striped and worn all the way up to the knee and normally in eyeblindingly bright colours, these items of clothing suited no-one. Somehow tho, in the 80s, practically everyone wore them. No wonder the 80s are known as the era that taste forgot.

10. Harem pants. Basically, a hugely unflattering item of clothing that made you look like you'd just done a giant poo. Why anyone would want to look like that, beats me.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Gottasecretcanyoukeepit (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-17-2014, 09:52 PM

This may not be a clothing item, but...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-17-2014, 10:54 PM

Ah yes, the mullet. Along with the poodle perm, a hairstyle from the 80s that we all prefer to forget. O_o Fun fact; both of these hairstyles were sported by Jon Bon Jovi. Thank goodness he eventually saw sense.