Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default Dressing for the Weather? - 12-23-2010, 02:27 PM

Excuse me if there's a topic like this.

I was wondering what you all thought about the girls you see walking the streets, be it in snow or just windstorms in little ballet flats, sheer tights, and skirts and dresses. It doesn't even have to be in winter, just in colder weather.

Girls at my school do it all the time and I wonder how they even survive...standing outside for the bus half drenched and definately not dressed for it.

I'm not one to talk, I usually just wear my hoodies outside all winter, but if it gets bad enough I do wear a jacket over it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-27-2010, 08:28 AM

I always laugh when I see girls doing that. If they're doing it to attract male attention, then they're going to be disappointed as all the men round my way join me in laughter when they see girls dressing like that.

After all, let's face it; the Smurf look, ie faces, arms and legs blue with cold, is never going to catch on and there are plenty of nice glamorous coats you can buy.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM

I do sometimes where skirts or dresses out in winter, but I also wear my wool coat and my winter boots with thick stockings and I take the shuttle bus from my building to the subway so I only spend a handful of minutes outside. Its just a matter of appearances for certain things, but anyone who does it consistently is silly. Freezing your butt off isn't worth it at all just to get attention. Give me a sweater and jeans any day.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 12-27-2010, 02:29 PM

I definatlaey wear shorts and tanktops all year round, and oif I get cold I ut on a sweatshirt and hope my legs don't freeze. Apparently shorts&sweatshirts is a California thing. xD

baby, you got me. ♥
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-28-2010, 11:04 AM

I've got loads of dresses I can adapt for winter wear; I just wear thick tights and knee high socks with them, and sometimes a top over or a long sleever under. And a warm winter coat and scarf and gloves is a definite must. My coat and gloves are edged with fake fur and my scarf is so long it laps my neck twice. XD So I manage to look glam and stay warm. And of course, I wear boots in winter; anyone wearing ballet pumps or sandals in winter must be insane.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 12-28-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I've got loads of dresses I can adapt for winter wear; I just wear thick tights and knee high socks with them, and sometimes a top over or a long sleever under. And a warm winter coat and scarf and gloves is a definite must. My coat and gloves are edged with fake fur and my scarf is so long it laps my neck twice. XD So I manage to look glam and stay warm. And of course, I wear boots in winter; anyone wearing ballet pumps or sandals in winter must be insane.
XD i'm mostly immune to the cold form the waist down; so long as I'm not walking a mile in knee-high snow, I really COULD comfortably wear ballet flats and a cute skirt... except that I prefer sweats and sneakers all year round.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-29-2010, 09:49 AM

Until someone's bootclad foot lands on top of your sandaled foot... there are other considerations apart from the cold, you know. O_o

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-30-2010, 01:26 AM

Yeah, that is nasty. I just hate feeling the cold through my sneakers, its awful getting a wet boot on your foot in pumps! Winter boots are definately a must no matter what. If I have to wear nice shoes, I bring them with me and change. The whole big bag trend helps with that since I can stuff them in my tote and be done with it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-30-2010, 07:04 AM

I've got a collection of nice ankle boots I can wear, as well as some long boots. My New Rocks are what I wear a lot of the time tho; they are just perfect for winter weather.

I can't understand why people wear Uggs in wet or snowy weather; seeing as they're not waterproof, that's just a recipe for cold feet. Also, someone I work with; her sister went out in the snow with Uggs, came back and just slung them under her bed, where the Uggs went mouldy. O_o

(#10 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 12-30-2010, 11:20 AM

Uggs are horrid in every way and not worth discussion x.x

I only ever own one pair of boots at a time, and they're typically a few inches above my ankle, but not quite mid-calf length, either.