Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 12-31-2010, 04:26 AM

Some girls just take it too far with the not enough clothing thing.

Uggs are bad for wet weather agreed, but I spray waterproof stuff on frequently so they can get away with a little wetness :/ not too much though.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-31-2010, 07:31 AM

So at least your boots won't go mouldy. O_o

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM

One of the things I hate about California is our unpredictable weather. For one whole week in December it was in the high 80s. So the next day I dressed to accomidate that weather and I walk outside and it's freezing and raining! I feel like I can't dress for the weather unless it's Summer.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#14 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 01-01-2011, 07:19 PM

Don't know which California your living in, but it hasn't been 80* here sfor all of December. It got down to 38* in my Alg2Trig class at 7AM.

baby, you got me. ♥
(#15 (permalink))
Old
xxMeggieMaggot (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 01-02-2011, 12:15 AM

Grrr.. I hate dressing for the weather because in summer, I am forced to wear summery clothes. I would usually wear coats, jeans and leather boots; but of course... it's way too hot. Annoying as hell.

I made a vow to my mum that I would embrace the summer clothes, but go back to the way I normally dress in the colder seasons.

blue_tornado ♥
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Snow (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-08-2011, 06:21 PM

Most of my clothes r 4 summer, which is weird cus i live in ireland wer it is usually around 12 degrees. thing is if i ever go on holiday its usually somewhere hot like spain 4 about a week nd i buy loads of cheap clothes 4 th climate but then wen i get home its bac 2 about 12 degrees and constantly raining so i dnt get much use of them, nd after a while they get thrown out cus they no longer fit me or i just dnt like them :/

Also in the summer i try 2 make an effort with my clothes, but in winter i couldnt care less and throw on an old hoodie or somethin

siggy by meggiemaggot

avatar made by me, animated by love2rocknroll

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Reviving this thread to throw this in; over in England at the moment, it is cold. So cold, you have to put the heating on. And I still see silly girls shivering in sleeveless dresses with no tights and no jackets walking down the high street; seriously, people, if you're going clubbing you could certainly take a cardie with you. A collegue of mine regularly goes clubbing and does just that; she wears leggings and a cardie in cold weather, then once she's in, goes to the loo to take them off and stuff in her bag.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 05-05-2012, 08:14 PM

Perhaps if the idiots get hypothermia, they'll remove their stupidity genes from our gene pool...

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Icewolf (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 05-08-2012, 01:22 PM

My main problem with those ballet shoes is that the soles are too thin. If you live in an area that does get cold in the winter 10oc or less, you'll end up with foot problems if you wear them in cold weather - it can happen with other shoes where the soles are too thin, so always check them. I had a problem with my left foot the other year which started off when it was cold - it had not cleared up by Easter, even though I'd been to the doctors about it on several occasions and lasted until August that year. I think that not being "fashionable" is a small price to pay if it prevents months of pain in your feet which got so bad sometimes that I couldn't walk very far. It's not just choosing inappropriate foot wear though which is to blame because almost every time I go to buy new shoes, I tend to find that nearly all of them are shoddily constructed and have thin soles, even if they are supposed to be boots! It's the manufacturers that are at fault because they want to make shoes as cheaply as possible and sell them as high as they can to make money and aren't bothered about people's health. I now tend to wear trainers all the time, or if the weather is really bad, hiking boots. I do have a pair of normal boots but I only wear those when I need something nice to wear.

I'm not a fan of summer tops because I tend to find that they are too short and again, it's probably cheaper for the manufacturers to make them that way. Fashion is great when it is good quality, but don't be fooled into thinking that ill fitting clothes and shoes are great to wear if they are branded as being fashionable because they aren't.