Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/fashion/)
-   -   Gladiator Shoes (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/fashion/20934-gladiator-shoes.html)

delly1 03-11-2009 08:31 PM

Gladiator Shoes

I love these shoes they are so comfortable and so cute. Some come in a very casual style and some very dressy. They are very different and fun looking.These are a pair I bought today XD. I know they are maybe not the norm for most people, but they are totally my style. Tell me what you think.

This is my newest pair

This is the pair for my casual attire.

LadyBast0911 03-11-2009 10:15 PM

Ok, I am not a sandal person but those are soooo ADORABLE!!!! I want some. NOW! :D

delly1 03-12-2009 01:27 AM

^I know. I am not much of a sandal person either, but these are soo comfortable XD

Silent_Wolf 04-25-2009 03:13 PM

I've got a pair of black ones, just got them today; they're not as fancy looking though, they're very plain. XD They've also got a toe thong, I had to cut off this weird plastic thing they had wrapped around it to hang it up easier. But wow, these are comfy. o.o

booni_monkey 04-27-2009 06:41 PM

I just bought a pair, and they're lovely. I saw this thread and I went on over to Target and got a black pair, and I love them! Thank you so much!

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 04-27-2009 06:49 PM

...and now I burst the bubble xD

I actually don't like them. I feel they are unflattering on most feet and actually make them look bigger, something that I'm certainly not interested in since my feet are huge to begin with(I wear sizes ranging from 8s to 11s, which is very large for American women). It also irritates me that I couldn't even wear them if I wanted to because the straps over the top of the foot are often too tight for me. I'd probably be more fond of the style if they were a bit looser with the straps or adjustable and simple in style, since the tons of straps seem distasteful and clunky.

Edit: I do know adjustable ones are out there, they are just incredibly difficult to find in my hometown where I do all of my shopping.

Aihana_ 04-27-2009 07:42 PM

You are so brave Kitty, I was going to burst the bubble but I didn't want to. XD

I don't really like them as well, for me, they just seem to complicated and I don't like the look of them, they remind me of old lady shoes.

antimaie 04-27-2009 07:44 PM

They look really good on some people, but I don't like them very much.
Gladiator shoes and Croqs. I don't like either of them. xD

booni_monkey 04-27-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Post 827027)
(I wear sizes ranging from 8s to 11s, which is very large for American women).

I've been a size nine since I was a kid. xD

delly1 04-28-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Post 827027)
...and now I burst the bubble xD

I actually don't like them. I feel they are unflattering on most feet and actually make them look bigger, something that I'm certainly not interested in since my feet are huge to begin with(I wear sizes ranging from 8s to 11s, which is very large for American women). It also irritates me that I couldn't even wear them if I wanted to because the straps over the top of the foot are often too tight for me. I'd probably be more fond of the style if they were a bit looser with the straps or adjustable and simple in style, since the tons of straps seem distasteful and clunky.

Edit: I do know adjustable ones are out there, they are just incredibly difficult to find in my hometown where I do all of my shopping.

There are some good points here too. Some people don't like them as they are very different. I find they make the feet larger too but I have small feet. Also there are high heeled gladiators which make your feet look amazing and not so large. They are everywhere where I live so I have no trouble finding many different shapes,colours,sizes and styles. I do agree thoguht that they do not suit everyone.