Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Fashion Trends You Can't Stand - 02-13-2009, 02:54 PM

I thought that the old thread was getting very long and spammy, so rather than clean it up, I'd repost it. Here are the fashion trends that disgust me:

1. Little girls dressed like hookers. I can't stand it when I see a small girl dressed in a mini skirt up to her knickers, with high heels and a cropped top. It's bad enough when teenage girls dress sl*tty, but for children to be doing so is just seriously disturbing. Especially seeing as little girls have no income so their parents must be buying their hooker clothes. -.-

2. Saggy trousers. This is mainly a boy thing; as in, trousers worn so the crotch is hanging around their knees and their underwear is on display. Do Not Want. Am I the only person who gets the urge to go up to these boys and yank their trousers up to their armpits?

3. Clothes worn sizes too small. Some girls seem to be labouring under the delusion that just cuz they can shoe horn themselves into a size twelve, that they are a size twelve. Even when they have flab rolls bulging out all over the place, back fat, love handles and cankles; not to mention a giant muffin top. X_x If you're a size sixteen, then wear a sixteen; squeezing into a smaller size will do nothing for you at all.

4. Low slung jeans. Now, I understand that some people can wear these properly; however, they seem to be in the minority. Far too many girls seem to think that low slung jeans are to be worn round the middle of the hips, displaying a disturbing slice of builder's cleavage at all times, as well as front bits. This goes especially for bigger girls, and those who wear thongs. We do not want to be forced to view your buttcrack and thong; cover it up!

5. Soup can crowd. So called by me, cuz they walk around labled like soup cans. One or two labels is OK, tho not my style; head to foot A&F, Adidas or whatever just makes you look like a giant billboard. At least mix it up a little.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 02-13-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
4. Low slung jeans. Now, I understand that some people can wear these properly; however, they seem to be in the minority. Far too many girls seem to think that low slung jeans are to be worn round the middle of the hips, displaying a disturbing slice of builder's cleavage at all times, as well as front bits. This goes especially for bigger girls, and those who wear thongs. We do not want to be forced to view your buttcrack and thong; cover it up!
I've actually got issues with trying to keep my low slung jeans around my hips; they keep falling down. x_x So that's usually why I yank them up high; however, in the rare cases I am without a belt to keep it at a proper height and am forced to yank them up that high, I wear a very, very baggy tshirt to hide it. XD

And yes, I too long to yank the low-pants trend up to their armpits. XD
--

I just flat out hate girls who dress like ghetto trash. It doesn't matter what color they are, the fact that they think dressing like a wh*re from the Boonies is hot is disgusting. Heck, I know a white girl who dresses like a black girl, talks like a black girl, and acts like one too on top of it. God, I just want to smack her. She called me several demeaning white-person names; pot, meet kettle. You're white too. -.-;

Anything involving Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Twilight, etc. If you are dressed head to toe in any of these, I just may smack you because the fact you are wearing nothing but articles of clothing with any of these three things on it MEANS YOU ARE OBSESSED TO AN UNHEALTHY DEGREE! X_X

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 02-13-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-13-2009, 03:29 PM

You would hate me right now Miranda, lol. My jeans are a little tight, but it's not really my fault. We just got out of a bad few months (laid off for 6 months). In that time I had to stop my diet (because cheap food is not low fat, lol) and right now we're just about done catching up. I'll be able to get new jeans in a week or so though, lol.

I'm with you though, those baggy jeans worn real low look really crappy. My Hubby does it (not as bad as most men/boys, you only see 1/2 an inch IF his shirt rises.) Anyhow, when his shirt does rise I give him a wedgie, serves him right though! I've told him it looked ridiculous, and he's vowed to get jeans that fit better when we can so that's a plus!

Slu*tty clothes period irritate me. Or when a girl gets all dolled up in club-hoppin clothes just to go to the supermarket. If you want to dress like that to feel se*xy dancing fine, but to go out in front of little children is just wrong.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-13-2009, 03:33 PM

A minor annoyance, really, but I dislike tank tops with backs shaped like this. I don't know why, but it just looks ugly to me.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-13-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanorea View Post
A minor annoyance, really, but I dislike tank tops with backs shaped like this. I don't know why, but it just looks ugly to me.
LOL! I'm wearing one right now. Is it the actual Racer Back shirt that you dislike, or is it when the girl doesn't wear the right bra with it. It annoys me when a girl wears it, but doesn't wear a bra that also has Racer Back attachments. OR is it the material of the material of it or the gems on it? Mine's plain white with no embelishments, I wouldn't like having those back there, my hair would get caught on it knowing my luck...

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 02-13-2009, 03:45 PM

It's just the shape I dislike (never knew it was called racer back); though the gems on that particular shirt look kinda tacky too.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 02-13-2009, 03:51 PM

I'm not 100% sure that's what it's called, but that's what I've always called them. I know the strappy X one's are called that, so I just call these the same cause they too make an X...

Some embelishments I like, but I do agree on this case that these ones look tacky. They're cute here and there, but it's just one big blob on that shirt...

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-13-2009, 03:53 PM

It also looks bad when a girl is wearing a strapless top with a bra underneath. I mean, there are strapless bras; just wearing a bog standard bra, especially a white one, looks awful.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
cssdy_7 (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-16-2009, 09:48 PM

I just do not like really flared jeans/pants. I could never wear them

(#10 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 06-12-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssdy_7 View Post
I just do not like really flared jeans/pants. I could never wear them
Really? I love flared jeans. XD Some random guy in a car waiting for the traffic light to change called me a hippie when I walked by him with my friend, and I was just like, "Sex, drugs, and laziness. Yep, I can live with that. Those hippies have it right, man. Why don't you get laid? Is your boyfriend out of town?" Just to clarify, I don't do drugs or have promiscuous sex, I just wanted to shove his comment in his face. Besides, it wasn't my fault I looked like a hippie. My friend traded sweaters with me, and her sweater was very bright and colourful, and it was warm out, so I tied it around my waist. xD

I also like the racer-back tops. Not that one, though. My racer-back tank tops are generally a little different. More like this. Thicker at the back, and no tacky sequins. >.>

I hate all those other things that were mentioned though. I know this one girl who is a bit on the chubby side and she wears the most revealing, tightest, clothes. It's disturbing. Her bo0bs are all over the place (I don't think she wears a bra) and even when she doesn't bend over, you can still see her bum crack. >.< My (new) boyfriend wears baggy shirts and low pants. They aren't ever that low, so it doesn't really bother me. I hate it when their shorts end up looking like short pants because they're hanging so low. I don't understand that - how do they walk with pants that low? o_o

Last edited by Miranda_ : 09-27-2009 at 04:09 PM.