Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/fashion/)
-   -   Nude Modeling (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/fashion/14436-nude-modeling.html)

alabamablonde13 06-17-2007 01:34 AM

Nude Modeling

What is your opinion on nude modeling? And no, I don't men like p*orno, I mean like glamour modeling. I personally think it is fine as long as it is actual modeling and not p*orn but I am not sure if i would ever do it myself. My hat is off to the women who do though, because I know that must take amazing self confidence. So, how do you feel?

mylovedove 07-02-2007 11:41 PM

I am ok with it but i would never do it myself i mean who would show there body to the whole world for instince sex craving men.

catewilliams 07-03-2007 12:02 AM

Objectivity.

That's all modeling is.

TheHayleyDoll 07-15-2007 08:46 AM

I have actually DONE it before. It's not 'gross'. And nude isn't always COMPLETELY nude, sometimes you can cover certain parts (hands over b.oobs) or have it shot at an angle that you cant really see much other than your butt. Lol.

There is nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. It's just like any other form of modelling, and not at all p*rno-you aren't doing any sexual actions or anything...

Nude modelling is an art. It actually takes a certain amount of modelling classes and A LOT of self confidence. It isn't like, 'I'm going to strip and stand in front of a camera!' it's a way of showing self confidence and talent.

Doctorwho_gal 07-15-2007 11:18 AM

I think it depends what its for.If its for some mens magazine and you are showing yourself to be an object,just there to look s-exy then I think it is wrong but when shown tastefully, the human body can be very beautiful and a form of art.

xJESSiCA 07-15-2007 11:49 AM

I agree with everything Hayley said. Sometimes you do get props or whatever to cover your body a little more. Honestly, I still think it is a tad bit gross when I picture it, but I know that it is art that takes a lot of skill and self confidence to do. I would love that much confidence in myself, because it is a more...traditional? art form. I wouldn't be able to look at the person hard enough to paint the picture or be the model.

IcePrincess48 07-15-2007 11:50 AM

I think that it is fine.
Like Hayley said...."Nude modelling is an art and it's a way of showing self confidence and talent." thats VERY true! I really wouldn't want to nude modeling, but if I was a model I proably would.

NotYourPrincess 07-15-2007 12:47 PM

I've done it a few times. o-o Jeans and no shirt. Panties and no bra...so on and so forth. I usually cover them someway, though. Or edit them in photoshop so they look cool, but you can't see anything.
And I don't post any pictures where you can see anything on the internet.
In the bath, with bubbles covering everything...

If I could walk around nude, I probably would.

Miranda_ 07-15-2007 02:55 PM

Never done it, but I've studied art; and there are a lot of very good paintings that are of nudes. Basically, the human body is a thing of beauty if you look at it from an artist's point of view, and I see nothing wrong in allowing a painter to paint it.

Two interesting things; firstly, if you're into anime and have ever watched Elfen Lied, you know the pictures in the title that come up to the Lilium song? Those are based on actual paintings; one is called The Kiss but I can't remember the others. (If anyone else knows, feel free to fill in the gaps) The original paintings are to me beautiful, as are the anime versions. Yes, it's nudity, but there's nothing dirty or disgusting about it. That attitude to me belongs to the Dark Ages or the more intolerant religions.

Second, there is also the painting where the model allows the artist to paint her skin. That too is artistic and very interesting in the way that patterns and pictures are painted on to bare skin, or painted clothes that look like clothes.

Silent_Wolf 07-15-2007 02:59 PM

^The second one is one I've seen a lot in a few random magazines I see in the store; there was this one girl who looked like she was wearing a midriff shirt and short orange shorts to support the Cleveland Browns (football team), but then my mom told me that it was painted. I was pretty amazed.

I couldn't do nude modeling if my life depended on it. >_>; I'm too shy.