Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

View Poll Results: What do you think of nude (glamour) modeling?
I think it is fine and I would do it 35 28.93%
I think it is fine but I would not want to do it 38 31.40%
It is really nasty and no one should ever do it 28 23.14%
I do not agree with it do to religous beliefs 6 4.96%
I am not sure 14 11.57%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-11-2007, 06:42 PM

I don't believe in god, so that question doesn't even feature as far as I'm concerned. I have body image problems so I personally wouldn't do nude modeling, but if done tastefully for artistic purposes I have no problem with it. If you're arguing a religious viewpoint then surely god created the human form so should have no problem in those who wish to show off his creation?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 08-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnypixie View Post
Do any of you have any religious beliefs that you abide by??????

That being said!
I do!
I read and study my bible from what I read, we have the hope of Heaven but only if we do what God said they way he said to do it now for the sticky stuff, I know many of you will disagree but think about this

Heaven is Gods House,
If he asked you personally to not do this ,this and this or you would not be allowed in his house what would you do!
A.do what he said.
B.only do what you felt like doing.
C. do what you want anyway.

I have very strong beliefs and because I do believe I get teased harassed etc from people like you who say that they are tolerant of everyone which obviously is untrue!

Now I understand you think of nude modeling as art so one last question if God said that was the one thing that would keep you out of heaven but you really,really wanted to do it anyway What would you do???
open to hearing you discussions on this last question very curious to see what you answer.

First of all, what right do you have to bring god into a modeling topic? God and modeling don't even mix, first of all.

Modeling, photography, painting, writing...they ALL express human feelings that are suppose to be "sins" in your religion.
What right do you have to insult something that's basically MY religion?

I have lived and breathed art since I was little.
Don't you DARE insult something you know absolutely nothing about.

As for your "god" and your religion. I refuse to participate, because I refuse to be forgiven for sins that weren't wrong to begin with.

The only people I am not tolerant of is people like you. People that like to think in black and white and like to stay in the nice, neat, little lines. And LORD forbid someone color over them in red, huh? People that think that everyone should believe what they believe.

GROW UP.

Nothing would keep me from doing something I wanted to do. Not even your "god"

I'd rather live in a house of sin, then live in that idiots house. >>

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Haley_Noelle (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Rating: 4 Votes / 3.75 Average
Send a message via AIM to Haley_Noelle Send a message via Yahoo to Haley_Noelle
Default 08-12-2007, 12:55 AM

I think it is okay, but I would never do it. I mean its just the way I feel about my self. I feel embarrassed about my body, I look skinny, but I am a little over weight. Thats just my personal opinion, every one is entitled to their own opinion, unlike the ones meplz was posting, that was spam.

I don't think any one under 10 should do that. The reason I say that is because, most children under the age of 10, laugh at stupid things. When I was 10 I was in 5th grade, we had puberty class, and lots of children laughed when we talked about our b.oobs growing. Also when we talked about getting our periods lots of people laughed.

When I was 10 I was very mature. I never laughed at those things I listed.

My dad just came home from Iraq! Wahoo.
Visit the club I'm in it's called World_OF_Girls.
It's awesome.
Um. TinkerBell1995 is awesome. Get to know her.
I love you Emma Grace.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-12-2007, 02:33 AM

I'm 10 right now.
I can't say I'm mature; can't say I'm not. ^^
Embarrassment, BAH.
Who cares anyway :3
I'm not going nude modeling; I don't model as a hobby.
It'd be nice to, but my body's not built for modeling; it's built for work...T_T
Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
Ne, we aren't even supposed to be talking religious here, bunnypixie.
If people wanna model then let them model.
It's not really a sin because they're not commiting adultery or anything...-_-
What'd I do?
I'd go ahead and do it anyway xD
Just like Edward, ne?
Edsy and the gate..:3
But that's way off topic. XD
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-12-2007, 06:16 AM

Bunnypixie, they do it because they think some forms of it are beautiful. Nude MODELING is NOT P0RN! Get that through your thick head. I don't mean to be rude, but I am very sick of you pandering on and on about how it's sinful and against God's word.

And it's also people like you that made me QUIT believing in God. I don't harass anyone who tells me their beliefs, but when they SHOVE IT in my face, I get p*ssed off and it's not pretty. I was already feeling pretty crappy because I'm sick, but this made me just downright disgusted. You're the one who's not tolerant, bunny.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 08-12-2007 at 03:09 PM. Reason: The stupid computer posted it before I finished typing it.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 08-12-2007, 12:51 PM

Okay, I believe in God, and I don't know anything about modeling God's creation of the body a SIN! Seriously. I mean, if they did it so they could get a cute girl/guy, then yes, it's wrong, but when used as an art form, it's beautiful. It isn't a sin. Honestly.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 08-12-2007, 04:09 PM

*rolls eyes* It is not a sin. It's art, dammit, not p0rn. Two major different things.

Now before this flame war goes much farther, bunnypixie, maybe you should think over everything you are saying before saying it, k? And get the facts, too. I'm a stubborn person, and you're lucky I'm not going to fight anymore.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Orinocco_Flow (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 08-13-2007, 11:52 AM

I think it is perfectly fine.

*Happy New Year*
(#49 (permalink))
Old
bunnypixie (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 8 Votes / 3.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to bunnypixie Send a message via Yahoo to bunnypixie
Default 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM

So Sad that you have such poor opinions as i said that Tolerance was not here you all proved me right! It's a shame really! You have the right to your opinion as do I and you all berating me for mine is Just nasty and rude I stated very clearly that IT WAS MY OPINION! I don't have to agree with you nor do you have to agree with me.You will catch more flies with Honey than with vinegar,Some of you will get the meaning some of you will not! Forums are here for open discussion not to pick on someone who doesn't believe the same way you DO! I believe in GOD you maybe do not or you believe in a different higher being! I because of my belief have God in all aspects of my life! I hoped you all would be understanding of that,So yes this goes right were it is!
For example:

Miranda Is my friend I don't agree with her but I wouldn't let anyone say anything against her either! I believe she has a right to her opinion
and so do i and You but Please try harderer to be nice,I'll respect you more if you are!I might just respect your Oinion more too!

(#50 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 08-14-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnypixie View Post
So Sad that you have such poor opinions as i said that Tolerance was not here you all proved me right! It's a shame really! You have the right to your opinion as do I and you all berating me for mine is Just nasty and rude I stated very clearly that IT WAS MY OPINION! I don't have to agree with you nor do you have to agree with me.You will catch more flies with Honey than with vinegar,Some of you will get the meaning some of you will not! Forums are here for open discussion not to pick on someone who doesn't believe the same way you DO! I believe in GOD you maybe do not or you believe in a different higher being! I because of my belief have God in all aspects of my life! I hoped you all would be understanding of that,So yes this goes right were it is!
For example:

Miranda Is my friend I don't agree with her but I wouldn't let anyone say anything against her either! I believe she has a right to her opinion
and so do i and You but Please try harderer to be nice,I'll respect you more if you are!I might just respect your Oinion more too!
Uh. You were not being very polite to begin with. You called it "immature" and insulted it. =D
That's not being very nice, is it?

And you called our opinions "poor". I could say the same for yours, but then you would call me "immature"

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Last edited by NotYourPrincess : 08-14-2007 at 11:03 PM.