Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

View Poll Results: What do you think of nude (glamour) modeling?
I think it is fine and I would do it 35 28.93%
I think it is fine but I would not want to do it 38 31.40%
It is really nasty and no one should ever do it 28 23.14%
I do not agree with it do to religous beliefs 6 4.96%
I am not sure 14 11.57%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
xJESSiCA (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 26 Votes / 3.54 Average
Default 07-28-2007, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
Saying that it's wrong is showing a lack of maturity, in my opinion. The human body is a beautiful thing. Nude art is not like p*rn, or anything dirty. It's a beautiful peice of art. Like the Statue of David. That's nude, and it is an extremely famous art peice.

People have been doing nude art for a long time. It's been out there longer then some other forms of art.

Photography, painting, and sketching are all forms of art. Nude is fine in all three. Plus, usually any privates are covered using hands, legs, the certain lighting, and other objects.

It takes a lot of bravery to nude model, and it shows an amazing amount of self confidence.
Very well stated! But it truly is art, and bunnypixie, we aren't talking, like Hayley said, about p*rn, which is way different than sitting there, hiding "Private" parts of your body. And when I have kids, I wouldn't want them doing it for a living or whatever, even when they're Hayley's age, but I would want them to accept it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-28-2007, 11:09 AM

Exactly. I'm not saying you have to go out there and do it. Just learn to accept it as a proper form of art. P*rn and nude art are 2 VERY different things. P*rn is usually sexual, and nude art beautiful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 07-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnypixie View Post
I was asked to be a model but I didn't go for it I was about 15years old at the time!
Too many model's at that time ended up on drugs to stay skinny enough!
Nudity is very personal and wanting to show it even in Art shows a lack of Maturity!
More Wars have been stared by Nudity than anything else! Hello two men wanted Helen of troy so there was a war etc.......
I know that this is my opinion but somebody had better speak up so WHY Not me!
I'm a mother of a daughter who is only 7 right now so,but I am also an Aunt to several nieces age 16,13,8,6 and 9 months.I don't want any of my nieces doing Nude modeling ever!
Oh and just using that its Art is a poor excuse!Please come up with something better than that!Really !
I've got to admit that I have seen a few Playboy spreads and I thought they were super pretty. Sure, guys may only look at it because they think it's hot but I just think it's beautiful. And no, I'm not ******* so no one accuse me of being one.

Last edited by support : 08-09-2007 at 03:51 PM.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Plus, it's not nudity that's caused the most wars; it's RELIGION.

(#35 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-28-2007, 10:50 PM

That, or Human Rights and Freedom. Name one major war started from nudity. I can't think of any.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 07-29-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnypixie View Post
I was asked to be a model but I didn't go for it I was about 15years old at the time!
Too many model's at that time ended up on drugs to stay skinny enough!
Nudity is very personal and wanting to show it even in Art shows a lack of Maturity!
More Wars have been stared by Nudity than anything else! Hello two men wanted Helen of troy so there was a war etc.......
I know that this is my opinion but somebody had better speak up so WHY Not me!
I'm a mother of a daughter who is only 7 right now so,but I am also an Aunt to several nieces age 16,13,8,6 and 9 months.I don't want any of my nieces doing Nude modeling ever!
Oh and just using that its Art is a poor excuse!Please come up with something better than that!Really !
FIRST.
Nudity is not bad. It's only "bad" in today's society because people have associated it with sex.

SECOND.
Helen of Troy might not of even been real, and it wasn't because she was nude. It was because two men LOVED her. Being nude had nothing to do with it.

THIRDLY, as Miranda has said, Religion is what causes most wars. RELIGION.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Last edited by support : 08-09-2007 at 03:52 PM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-29-2007, 11:11 PM

Agreed with both above me. Everyone has reproductive organs, and everyone has the right to show them off if they want to. As I said on the last page. p*rn and nude art are two different things. Just because YOU might not be comfortable with your body, doesn't mean it's bad for other people to show their own.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-29-2007, 11:36 PM

I agree as well.
And it's another form of art!
Just like dolling.
Have you seen a doll base before?
That's nude too, 'cept it's pixellated.
Once again, the hands or legs or whatever hides the parts most of the time.
There's not much difference at at all between bases and nude art, except nude art is a real person.
D: Oh no. Another Bush supporter?
And a moderator, nonetheless.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-30-2007, 08:45 AM

Sadly, I have to support Bush. Even though I dislike him. The person in charge of the US effects how Canada works. Our Prime Minister and the President of the United States are both in the same political party. Some veiws are different, but some are the same. So with Bush in charge, we have, supposedly, a better connection with America. Yet on some shows from America we're stll thought to be goody-goody eskimos. SURPRISE we're the exact same as Americans... Well... The southern half of Canada... See, I live in Southern Ontario. The most populated area of Canada. There are places in the states (other then Alaska) fa.rther north then where I live.

Anyway, back to the topic. I agree with Chiisan. XD
(#40 (permalink))
Old
bunnypixie (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 8 Votes / 3.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to bunnypixie Send a message via Yahoo to bunnypixie
Default 08-11-2007, 07:25 PM

Do any of you have any religious beliefs that you abide by??????

That being said!
I do!
I read and study my bible from what I read, we have the hope of Heaven but only if we do what God said they way he said to do it now for the sticky stuff, I know many of you will disagree but think about this

Heaven is Gods House,
If he asked you personally to not do this ,this and this or you would not be allowed in his house what would you do!
A.do what he said.
B.only do what you felt like doing.
C. do what you want anyway.

I have very strong beliefs and because I do believe I get teased harassed etc from people like you who say that they are tolerant of everyone which obviously is untrue!

Now I understand you think of nude modeling as art so one last question if God said that was the one thing that would keep you out of heaven but you really,really wanted to do it anyway What would you do???
open to hearing you discussions on this last question very curious to see what you answer.

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-11-2007 at 07:47 PM.