Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Fashion Share ideas on fashion modeling, fashion photography, hair styling, etc.

View Poll Results: What do you think of nude (glamour) modeling?
I think it is fine and I would do it 35 28.93%
I think it is fine but I would not want to do it 38 31.40%
It is really nasty and no one should ever do it 28 23.14%
I do not agree with it do to religous beliefs 6 4.96%
I am not sure 14 11.57%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 07-15-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catewilliams View Post
Painting is fine.

Modeling is to show off clothing..
Theres lack of clothing.

No. Modeling is NOT just to show off clothing. Modeling, in all cases, weather it includes clothing or not is an art.
Because not everyone can model, just like not everyone can paint.

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Agreed.

Modelling is NOT just to 'show off clothing' - that is only one type of it. Model's can be for photos, paintings, and, most popular runways (probably what catewilliams was thinking of.)

Nude isn't always tasteless or tacky, mind you. It can be, if used in certain ways. But it can also be classy, and beautiful.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 07-15-2007, 06:28 PM

Yeah.
And, you can't really call this gross:

She is nude. But is she showing anything? Uhm...noo~

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
Rainshadow_of_Hazelclan (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-15-2007, 09:13 PM

I think the human body is beautiful, no matter if you are as thin as a pole, or very pudgy, as Mother Nature created you the way you are supposed to be. I picture it as Mother Nature the artist, and you the work of art, so as long as its in the right frame of mind, its just showing art.

If everyone cared
and nobody cried
If everyone loved
and nobody lied
Then we'd see the day that nobody died

Siggy made by me. Do not take. Although, I doubt you want one with my username on it...
(#25 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-17-2007, 12:35 AM

And sometimes it's covered. Like I did this one shot and I hand my hands over my b.oobs and the photo ending at the waist, so I was allowed to wear pants because you couldn't see it.

It's not always tacky or sl.utty or something...

Like this-

It's completely naked, but not showing anything. Her legs are covering anything explict.

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 07-17-2007 at 12:49 AM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Elosine (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-27-2007, 06:03 PM

I think it's fine, but I probably would never do it. I'm thinking I would feel.......exposed .

But yeah, it can be beautiful if you're not trying to make it s*xual. Also very expressive of emotions or situations. A lot of people, unfortuantely, think of p*rn whenever anyone mentions nude art.......Fortunately, I understand it's art. (And sorry to bring it up, but I'm not even four years older than "meplz")

So anyway, I have no problem with it.

"And though I'll think of you, I guess,
until the day I die,
I think I miss you less and less,
as every day goes by...."
-Sweeney Todd
(#27 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-27-2007, 06:14 PM

There shouldn't BE a problem with is. Meplz is just immature.

And yeah, some guys find these kinds of things 'hot' and 'sexy', and they can be, but in a dignified way. (When I did-well, do-nude modelling, guys can get like that... Seeing as I am the opposite of flat chested.)

Of course, it is mostly covered up, too. Just... not with clothes.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-27-2007, 06:34 PM

I frankly don't care for this type of art, but I don't have a problem with it. I personally wouldn't do it at my age right now because my parents would have a fit but as I get older, I might but chances are I won't. Some paintings and statues are absolutely amazing and they are nude.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#29 (permalink))
Old
bunnypixie (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 8 Votes / 3.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to bunnypixie Send a message via Yahoo to bunnypixie
Unhappy My Pesonal Opinion of Nude Modeling!!!!!! - 07-28-2007, 01:04 AM

I was asked to be a model but I didn't go for it I was about 15years old at the time!
Too many model's at that time ended up on drugs to stay skinny enough!
Nudity is very personal and wanting to show it even in Art shows a lack of Maturity!
More Wars have been stared by Nudity than anything else! Hello two men wanted Helen of troy so there was a war etc.......
I know that this is my opinion but somebody had better speak up so WHY Not me!
I'm a mother of a daughter who is only 7 right now so,but I am also an Aunt to several nieces age 16,13,8,6 and 9 months.I don't want any of my nieces doing Nude modeling ever!
Oh and just using that its Art is a poor excuse!Please come up with something better than that!Really !

(#30 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Saying that it's wrong is showing a lack of maturity, in my opinion. The human body is a beautiful thing. Nude art is not like p*rn, or anything dirty. It's a beautiful peice of art. Like the Statue of David. That's nude, and it is an extremely famous art peice.

People have been doing nude art for a long time. It's been out there longer then some other forms of art.

Photography, painting, and sketching are all forms of art. Nude is fine in all three. Plus, usually any privates are covered using hands, legs, the certain lighting, and other objects.

It takes a lot of bravery to nude model, and it shows an amazing amount of self confidence.