Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Fashion (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/fashion/)
-   -   skimpy clothes (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/fashion/10907-skimpy-clothes.html)

princess_fuzz 09-17-2006 04:41 PM

skimpy clothes

what does everyone think about like tiny skirts and barely-there bo.ob tubes? i think theyre tarty but some skirts are acceptable. i just hate seeing people in them with boys drooling over them. havent they ever heard of a thing called dignity? or did they loose it when they first wore a short skirt?

Miranda_ 09-20-2006 07:34 AM

I always thought that the first rule of wearing a short skirt was to make sure that you teamed it with a nice, as opposed to sl*tty, top; just like you'd wear a lowcut top with a pair of smart black trousers or a long skirt. That way, you'll look s*xy, but not like you belong on a street corner touting your wares like some of these girls do. :roll:

sarika2004 09-21-2006 05:44 PM

I seriously don't have a problem with it, it's their choice. I guess I only don't like it when their ****s are going to pop out of their top, other then that... :?

NotYourPrincess 10-11-2006 06:20 PM

Eh, actually...to be truthful. I have skimp clothes.

Lots of them.

BUT I dress in layers also.

With a really short skirt..I wear leggings or baggy pants with them.

Low cut tops..I usually wear a black tank top under them.

It really just depends on how you wear skanky clothes. =p And who you're wearing them for.

little_girl_lost 10-11-2006 09:27 PM

I have mixed opinions on this.

1. Why should girls have to worry about what other people think - if it's the middle of summer and really hot why should they walk around in long clothes when the obvious thing to do is throw on some shorty shorts and a tanktop?

2. Isn't it interesting how you see a group of little girls (10 is little - I don't care what you say about that) strutting along the street with their tiny skirts, bags, tops, high heels and huge sunglasses and then when someone yells out "Nice legs girls!" they turn and glare - shocked that someone noticed them even though they dress to be noticed.

So I guess eveything is ok in moderation. I for one am definately not going to be found in modest clothes when summer finally comes *wanders off to find last years mini skirt and bikini*.

Miranda_ 10-23-2006 07:44 AM

Yeah, you can wear skimpy clothes in summer without looking like a w***e. I manage it well enough; I have loads of sleeveless tops that I wear for summer with short skirts that I prefer to shorts... yet I always look classy. However, if you're showing off too much butt or bust, you are going to look sl*tty.

little_girl_lost 10-24-2006 12:04 AM

My friend and I were dicussing this the other day (her 12 year old sister had wanted to go to a party looking like a w***e), we decided that short skirts are fine as long as you can bend over with out flashing everyone and no cleavage should be showing at all until the person is 15/16 and even then it should be shown tastefully instead of looking like your ****s are going to fall out of your top at any given second.

NotYourPrincess 10-24-2006 05:45 PM

Er, do 12 year olds even have ****s? o_O

But, I agree.
I think mini-skirts are really cute. 'Spcially with a long sleeved shirt that's kinda long and you can put a belt over it.
I wear that all the time. =p

I don't like showing cleavage anyway. I'm to slef concious.

little_girl_lost 10-24-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotYourPrincess
Er, do 12 year olds even have ****s? o_O

Yes they do. My friends 11 year old sister has bigger ****s than me - not that that is saying much :lol:

yourlucky13_x 01-21-2007 07:07 PM

I only wear short skirts during the summer with shorts under if I run.