Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Entertainment (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/entertainment/)
-   -   Entertainment/Media World (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/entertainment/8871-entertainment-media-world.html)

Deidra 09-13-2005 08:29 PM

Entertainment/Media World

What are your thought in general?Are they all out for attention?Do some really care about others?How does a person become famous?

Thoughts?

kittypurr 09-14-2005 02:40 PM

Re: Entertainment/Media World

Quote:

Originally Posted by worldgirl
What are your thought in general?Are they all out for attention?Do some really care about others?How does a person become famous?

Thoughts?

SOme are good, some are bad.

SOme do carwa bout others cause they are still down to Earth.

They either become famous with talent or luck.

RoxyChix99 09-14-2005 02:49 PM

My opinion:

All rappers, popstars, etc are just in it for the money and fame. One example: Puff Daddy or whatever his name is. Changed it just so he could get attention.

Most rock "stars" are in it because they love the music, and that's all there is to it. They could care less about the money. Afterall, you don't see them walking around in bling-bling, do ya? Unless you count Joel Madden, who is now Hiliary Duff's freaking minion :roll:

stArlightx3 09-14-2005 06:34 PM

I likey green day,,,other wise i think i not in to it

NaTaLiE_xxx 09-15-2005 12:50 PM

Gosh roxy thats a very biast opinion. On what you have to say, I dont think we can judge things like that, unless we no the people. You never know, all those rapstars, might be loving caring people.
And who wouldnt want money?!?!?!

Well media..... hmm...

I think that when the garage, urban w/e you wanna call it, girl singers make their videos, it is frustrating to see there tiny,skinny little bodies. Plus the fact they sell their music that way... they wear too little.

I think there are a lot of untalented "celebrities" out there.

For example:
- Jade Goody (if your from england you will know who I am talking about)

- All them useless page 3 girls. especially flipping Jodie Marsh. (She is not even pretty. atleast Jordan is pretty people. Anyway, they still shouldnt be classed as celebrities.)

My conclusion? the media is desperate.
They produce some good stuff (rarely) but they put too much pressure on people to look, act, dress and certain way. You rarely see the media saying
"Be yourself! be unique! dont follow like sheep!"

No. because they are there to sell or destroy stuff.

RoxyChix99 09-15-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaTaLiE_xxx
Gosh roxy thats a very biast opinion.

Yep, it may be a biast opinion, but it's my opinion, and I'm allowed to think that. Besides, in most cases it's kind of true.

Sarah_K_O_M 09-15-2005 03:33 PM

I kind of agree with Roxy here.Rockstars are in for the music.Ever noticed that those somgs have stories,meaning to them?For instance Bon Jovi It's my life
Quote:

It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just wanna live while I'm alive
It's my life

This is for the ones who stood their ground
For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
Luck ain't even lucky
Got to make your own breaks
Rappers and popstars don't have that.They just write songs about "Oh I gots moneys n Gurlz...." or 2Oh he left meee allloooonnee!!

RoxyChix99 09-15-2005 03:41 PM

^Thanks. I agree with you that rockstars are only in it for the music(Well, at least the good ones, and the older ones as well, not the pop-punk idiots). Um, anyways, they do write about music with stories. Bon Jovi is just one example. Notice how most of their songs always have to do with "Tommy and Gina".

Here, I'll prove it too.

First Rap Song that came to mind:

REMOVED

Comparison:

"Cemetery Drive"-My Chemical Romance

This night, walk the dead
In a solitary style
And crash the cemetery gates.
In the dress your husband hates
Way down, mark the grave
Where the search lights find us
Drinking by the mausoleum door
And they found you on the bathroom floor

I miss you, I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard

Difference: MCR is telling a story.

Point Proven.

Sarah_K_O_M 09-15-2005 03:43 PM

Indeed.A good Musican can tell you a truth in a few verses.Others can't tell a music story to save their lives.Not that their worth saving.

RoxyChix99 09-15-2005 03:45 PM

Exactly, like that stupid thing R.Kelly tried to do at the VMA's...pointless, dumb, stupid, it was funny watching him make a fool out of himself :roll: :lol: