Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default A Song of Ice and Fire - 08-20-2011, 01:36 PM

So, anyone else here who likes this book series? A friend recommended it to me recently, and I got absolutely hooked. Am now caught between fangirling and cursing the author because the end of the fifth book was such a horrible cliffhanger .

So yeah, let's talk about our favourite characters, scenes, plot twists, and theories about what is going to happen in the last two books. Just be sure to mark any spoilers!

If you haven't read the books yet, I definitely recommend them if you like fantasy .

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Icewolf (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-28-2012, 05:20 PM

I am reading A Game of Thrones right now, (after seeing the TV series). It is a promising series and I am glad to have come across an epic fantasy, because I've not found a decent book to read in ages. It is a shame though that it took it being made into a TV series for it to grab my attention, because being a fan of high fantasy I should have got into it sooner! My only grumble about the series is that the books are so long and after being at uni, I've let my fiction to read pile get too high.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 05-02-2012, 12:32 AM

I am ashamed to say I only just picked it up, but I am hooked now that I have! I just finished A Storm of Swords and am completely tortured by the epilogue. I also have been watching the HBO series, although I personally think it is hard to follow if you don't have the book basis before watching. I have been explaining it to the friend I have been watching with.

Does it kill anyone else how you think a character has died only for them to surprise come back? Not going to spoil anyone in specific since some do legitimately die, but this style drives me nuts and has kept me rushing through just so I could find out if someone is dead or alive!

As for my favorite character, this seems to be constantly shifting. I have grown to really like Tyrion and his raunchy humor. I also really like Dany, I think she is very clever in many matters, but also so silly particular with (SPOILERS) Mormont and Selmy. (END SPOILERS)

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ShortTime (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM

I havenít heard about this before, who is the author?