Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Pottermore - 07-31-2011, 08:14 PM

I don't see a thread for this yet.

So, Pottermore. It's hard for me to explain it, because I'm not all that darned sure the exact details, but what I do know is that this is like J. K. Rowling's new way of keeping Harry Potter alive after the books and movies are over.

You know how there's never been a legal online/web version of the books?

Well, she's finally going to start selling them. Via Pottermore.

But that is not what the hype is about ( as much as we'd love to get our grubby hands on a web version, we wouldn't stay up to all hours just for that ).... No. It's an interactive Harry Potter themed environment, in which you basically start your own journey, go to Diagon Alley, personality tests which lead you to your own wand...
And you get sorted.

And it's coming out this October, to free to everyone.

Official Pottermore website: [ x ]
More information on Pottermore: [ x ]

________

....If you've been following Pottermore you will know that a lucky one million will be selected to join it early. Everyone else has to wait until October.

The way you get "selected" is every day, for seven days, there will be "clues" dropped on the Harry Potter page for a limited time. The clues are in forms of questions; the example given is "How many books are in the Harry Potter series? Multiply this number by 7." ( The answer, of course, is 70 )
Yesterday's clue was " "How many breeds of owls are featured on the Eeylops Owl Emporium Sign? Multiply this number by 49." ( The answer was 245. )
After you get the answer, you simply type that into the end of this:
http://quill.pottermore.com/insertanswerhere
So, last night the answer was http://quill.pottermore.com/245
If you got the answer, then you could get the "magical quill". If you got the quill and click the validation link sent in your email fast enough, you are included in the quota of the people who got into Pottermore early!

...I hate to gloat ( not really ), but I'm one of that million, which makes me really happy and excited for it to begin.
* V * !!!!!! Stayed up until four, got into Pottermore! It's suddenly all worth it.

I wanna know, did anyone else get the Quill last night? : D Put your username here.. I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to add each other once the thing starts but just in case, you know. And for those who haven't, there's still six more chances! ( the clue was released from 8~9am British time, but I'm not sure about tomorrow. ) I just managed to get it on the first try because I was sitting there, with about 40 other gaia people, spamming the darn page for seven hours straight, researching our little butts off in the middle of the night, and I had a web copy of the book ( remember, no legal copy ) so I could just Ctrl+F the final question which turned out to be quite easy. ( No joke - PROOF )

Alright, enough of that. * v * Tell me if anyone decides to stay up tonight. Some of my friends on Gaia didn't get their validation link which sorta made me sad. </3

Last edited by noirmali : 07-31-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
princessamandy (Offline)
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default 08-03-2011, 03:15 AM

I ran out of internet on the morning before the clues came out, so my friend registered two accounts- one for her and one for me!
My username on there is WitchDust200.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

My dolls are made with this dollmaker!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-04-2011, 01:40 AM

UPDATE! Day 5, I got in! Woo-hoo! Lol when you're in the quota...a million seems like an awful lot, haha. Of course not getting in s.u.c.k.s...speaking from the college experience lol

Anyway, my user name is DawnChaser104. I liked it cause i'm a night owl and stay up late on my laptop, you could say I'm "chasing the dawn" (ha, I made a lame joke)

Noirmali, you didn't say what your username was...?

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 08-04-2011 at 01:56 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-04-2011, 02:37 PM

I'm so mad because I wanted to get in for my friend today... But it's a rant I've posted 6 times already and I don't fancy re-writing it.

@belladoggy - that's a nice name! There's a lot of weird ones I've heard... Like Wombatchaser or something. I was like wth.

Mine are~

QueenSilver113
PotionRain207
LumosShadow148
(#5 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-11-2011, 04:22 PM

You got some good ones! I want my welcome e-mail, akljdsjdhlsjs! Did you get yours yet?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
noirmali (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM

Thank you ^^

But you know, the welcome emails haven't come out yet >_< '' Only the verification emails!

They say the welcome emails will come out sometime between after mid-August and September.

Which means they won't be coming out until at least Tuesday. xD
(#7 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 08-12-2011, 12:49 PM

Ahhhh. I hadn't heard that they were waiting so long. Today I got a confirmation e-mail but not my Welcome email, very disappointing lol.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-14-2011, 01:14 AM

Okay, what with it now being a month later...I still have no e-mail. Have any of your accounts gotten in? Tomorrow (today?) is Hufflepuff Pride day, but I can't participate cause I'm not in yet, sad day

(#9 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM

Does anyone know when the second book will come out on Pottermore? I JUST got my username last week and that's A LONG TIME after this whole site was put up, I will say I was utterly SHOCKED that only 1 book was up??

What house did everyone get? Did you get the house that EVERY SINGLE QUIZ ONLINE PUT YOU IN???? Because that was NOT the case for me, lol. I was always always always Ravenclaw, but I'm actually Slytherin, LMAO.

A little girl I know actually cried when she was put in Slytherin, poor thing. Her Mom signed her up a new account. Does anyone else feel that's wrong? I DO. And I must say I was relieved after a while. Here I thought Ravenclaw was absolutely PERFECT, when OMG Quirrel came from Ravenclaw! My jaw literally dropped!

Also, what's your wand specs!!! I absolutely LOOOOVVVVEEEEDDD reading up on all the wandlore! I've got a 10 1/4 inch Ash wand, hard, with a dragon core. Wasn't expecting that one either, but after I read up on it, it actually fits, lol.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-21-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterPrincess View Post
What house did everyone get? Did you get the house that EVERY SINGLE QUIZ ONLINE PUT YOU IN????
I'm always put in Slytherin on every single online quiz... and this one was no different. Slytherin thru and thru!