Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Cool R04dw4y R34ding M4t3ri4l: Th3 Pl4t3s - 08-06-2010, 08:23 PM

You know what just always makes my day? Those awesome little customized license plates! We've all seen at least one! And if you haven't then you are missing out and need to go visit the big city downtown more often xD

Just so that we all know what I'm talking about:
Those license plates found on the back and sometimes front of vehicles...you can pay money to have them say what you want! Not very many people do this, so when you see a customized one you feel like you've just seen a rarity indeed.

So this thread is being created for 3 purposes:
1.) I'm in the works of picking and purchasing a new car. I want a customized plate, but I'm fresh out of original ideas. So I want to know what you guys can think of and what you've seen so I can have some inspiration.
2.) As said above, I truly enjoy seeing these things! They can be so cool to decipher...or they just make you laugh if they're funny or think deeply.
3.) Two or more brains is better than one. Sometimes custom plates irritate me to death...why? Because I've seen some in the past where I just can NOT figure out what it says! So if you have this problem feel free to post it here and see if other's can think of what it is!

So have at it! What are some ones you've seen? Some one's you've wanted to have or see? Or, if need be, post ones you just can't, for the life of you, figure out!

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

To start, I would have to say my absolute most favorite one I've ever seen would had to have been the one I saw while going through the Nashville Zoo parking lot. This custom plate was so awsomely original and just tickled me to death:

MUGGLE

...HOW...FREAKING...COOL?! For 2 years I'd always thought that would be my license plate customization if I ever had the chance, lol. I'm a major Harry Potter fan and that plate just made my day, even more so than the cute fluffy animals xD

As of right now, in my own deliemma, I can only think of one possible customization for my future car:

DR34M3R

I think it's cute, and matches my personality perfectly. I'm constantly found with my head in the clouds...always.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by Miranda_ : 08-06-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 08-06-2010, 08:54 PM

I'm glad you clarified what it was supposed to be, lol. I couldn't wrap my head around the space in the middle so I was reading it in two words *palmface* I'm guessing that was the space in the license plate that you included? Sometimes I'm too simple minded, lol.

That sounds cool though, and definately original! I wonder if they're a chef or Italian? I was online this morning and came across a forum with a thread for this as well with a member who saw an expensive car in a pharmacy parking lot that said:
RICH RX

I know he's a pharmacist, and thus completely loaded, but do we all have to have it rubbed in our face? That would be like seeing something like:
IM B3T3R

I was going to do Better Than U for the example, but that's too long. You get the idea though...but I still think those ones are the funniest, the vanity plates.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
heart1319 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via Skype™ to heart1319
Default 08-06-2010, 09:12 PM

I have seen cool ones, and the one i personally thought was pretty cool was 'I B BUGGIN' (It belonged to a yellow beetle/bug) and someone owned a car that has the license plate 'PEEPS'

Always thought it was cool how you could have a customized license plate.

Kanye ...♥

Siggy: Meggie
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 08-06-2010, 09:23 PM

Best one I ever saw was this one: L454 GNE. If you don't get the significance; it says Lasagne. XXD I didn't know whether it was a personalised number plate or just a coincidence; if it was personalised, then I guess they must really like pasta!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-29-2010, 11:08 PM

I saw one the other day in traffic and I was all "OoOoOoOoOo!!! Creative! I LURVE IT!" But it turns out the driver was a complete idiot so now I hate it

It was so simple!:
TX N TN

Then I saw this cool looking car (Acura TL) and while I was admiring the vehicle I realized that zomg, his license plate was personized! And it matched the awesomeness of his car:
TL 2 GO

I've seen severl others, but I keep forgeting to write them down at stop lights/signs. If I don't then I forget them because I'm forgetful like that. :3

(#6 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-29-2010, 11:12 PM

My dream car is a red slugbug with red polka dots with plates that read "lady bug". XD there's a slugbug near home, bright green, that has plates that read "lil' pea". ^^ So cute!

(#7 (permalink))
Old
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 09-29-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit_queen View Post
There's a slugbug near home, bright green, that has plates that read "lil' pea". ^^ So cute!
Oh my goodness! I LOVE that!!!

(#8 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 09-29-2010, 11:18 PM

I know! I want to hug it, but I'm afraid I'd set off an alarm.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-30-2010, 07:45 AM

Saw this one the other day: G30 RGI

Or, Georgi. Cute. XD