Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Entertainment (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/entertainment/)
-   -   The Hunger Games (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/entertainment/22461-hunger-games.html)

Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX 06-30-2010 06:05 PM

The Hunger Games

Hello all who enjoy reading the Hunger Games trilogy!

Well, I recently discovered the book last month after stealing it from my brother who wouldn't allow me to have it until I told him what a tureen was. After looking it up in the dictionary and discovering it was a bowl used to hold soup, he let me read it. This wasn't a I thought I'd like after just reading the synopses. Then, after spending a day reading the book, I became absolutely OBSESSED. That taught me not to judge a book by its cover.

A simple summary of the 1st book:
In the future, there is one country, with 12 districts known as Panem. 75 years before the story begins, the districts decided to go against their ruling city, the Capitol. All districts were defeated and a 13th district was completely destroyed. Now, as a reminder of who is all powerful, the Capitol created an annual televised event called the Hunger Games where 2 kids from each district are chosen to fight to the death until there is one winner. Katniss Everdeen, from District 12, ends up in the games along with another tribute, Peeta Mellark. Will they win the Hunger Games?

After finishing the second book, Catching Fire, I have been desperately tearing apart the internet in search of anything Hunger Games. From forums to blogs, to unofficial fan sites, anything that had to do with these amazing books. Unfortunately, the 3rd and final book comes out in 55(?) days and I'm dying to know how it all ends.

I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen a topic dedicated to The Hunger Games yet. I just wanted to know who on this forum is completely or almost as addicted as I am to this series. And I want to know if you are Team Peeta or Team Gale. (TEAM PEETA 100%) PEETA'S MINE!!

belladoggy 06-30-2010 06:48 PM

Haven't cracked open the books, but follow this link: burdge-bug's Gallery

She has so much amazing Hunger Games fanart, as well as fanart for other series. People really seem o love her taste in books...anyway, if you are looking for good Hunger Games-related art, start here. Guarantee you this is quality stuff. (plus I'm pretty sure she is Team Peeta ^^')

KiraIMustBeInvisible 07-11-2010 11:33 PM

I've only read the first book because I borrowed it from a friend and when I gave it back I guess the edges got slightly frayed(though i was positive they were like that before -.-) and she freaked out on me and said my dog at her book(the book was bigger than my dog @~@). Last time I borrow anything from her.

Anyways, I loved it!! My favorite character has to be Peeta :] Though my friend continually tries to change my opinion to Gale, I love Peeta!! And Prim!! Love 'em all!!!

Rocketship_ 07-12-2010 06:45 AM

I fell head over heels in love with the first book, and finished it in about four hours! It was so wonderful, and I don't usually enjoy futuristic books.. but this one was so different and complex, and the plot was fantastic, that how couldn't you love it?!
I will have to say one thing without spoiling it for others: Rue. I cried. So hard.

Impatiently waiting for my cousin to be done with Catching Fire, so I can tear that apart as well.

karatekid12365 10-10-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belladoggy (Post 914521)
Haven't cracked open the books, but follow this link: burdge-bug's Gallery

She has so much amazing Hunger Games fanart, as well as fanart for other series. People really seem o love her taste in books...anyway, if you are looking for good Hunger Games-related art, start here. Guarantee you this is quality stuff. (plus I'm pretty sure she is Team Peeta ^^')

Her work is amazing! I love it all! ^^ She's ttly Team Peeta and I can't wait for her to start drawing Mockingjay stuff. WHICH I FINISHED TODAY! *runs around like crazy* Sooooo epic.

antimaie 10-10-2010 05:33 PM

I finished Mokcingjay in 6 hours the day it came out. I was crying from Finnick until the end. Especially the epilouge. I lovveee KatnissxPeeta.

antimaie 10-10-2010 05:42 PM

There is no spoilers in "But there are much worse games to play."

loljk, I know your talking about the real/not real one. It was the cutest thing I've ever read. <3

antimaie 10-10-2010 05:47 PM

yeeeeeaaaahhh I said that. .__.

It's not really a spoiler out of context. It doesn't explicitly say what happens. Thats just me though.

Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX 10-10-2010 06:28 PM

I was crying for a few hours after finishing Mockingjay. I want to post the last sentence, but its a total spoiler. D:

Xx_xXStick_FigureXx_xX 10-10-2010 06:36 PM

No, I meant the last sentence of the part before the epilogue. Well, at least I think its a spoiler. >>