Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 05:23 PM

The ending just referred to his video series is all, I really didn't pay attention once he stopped joking about Twilight.

High fives! I loved Oliver Wood. Totally off-topic, but I thought his accent was to die for. He was one of my favorite characters in the series.

I actually like Jacob. He was a character that I thought got the short end of the stick, especially since Meyer seems to have this hatred for him. He deserved better than what he's got(I mean, pairing him off with a baby was a little extreme--did she seriously have to do that?). I've always felt Edward was overly glorified and like Meyer did it all to Jacob just to protect her golden child. It has a similar feel in the actions that Harry Potter did, where Ron often was the one who stormed off, got all fussy, was an idiot, while Harry got all of the glory. I'm certain everyone expected me to bash both, but it seems to be an underlying feel among those of us who don't like Twilight that Jacob wasn't appreciated by the author either.

It helps that Taylor is totally my type xD I find very pale guys a bit bothersome since they remind me of my ex. I've always liked the muscled, tan fellows, though its much more important for them to be a good person. Taylor has just made himself more loveable since his personality seems so pleasant.

I know, Kristen seems so terrible! I don't know why, but she just appears to not appreciate her fans the way she should. I saw an interview where she got all in a huff because fans call her Bella. Seriously? Fans do this all of the time, I see no harm in it.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 05:33 PM

She may not like being associated with it. Like how Daniel Radcliffe doesn't appreciate being constantly associated with Harry Potter.

I'm more mellow now about Twilight than I was before. I still don't like it though.

Also: That video was great.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 06:13 PM

I hear a lot of people saying that he got the short end of the stick, but I just don't agree. I mean when looked at as PURELY a fantasy, in a world where Meyers vampires and werewolves DO exist, that's just their way of life. Other Pack members imprinted with young and it had happend in previous packs too.

I think it made total sense and was glad for it. That whole hurting Jacobs feelings just so Bella could be happy to have her friend was getting on my nerves. I kept getting upset wanting her to let go already. In the end neither of them could let go no matter what, because during the first 3 books and part of the last one Nessie was PART of Bella. Jacob could never turn away from Bella because PART of her was who he really loved, and Bella could never be decent enough to let go (even though she desperately wanted to) because Nessie was still PART of her. Plus, unlike the other Wolf (Quill, right?), Jacob gets to be with his soul mate much longer than the other Wolves who found their true love at their age equivelance.

Plus Jacob doesn't LUUURVE her, he adores her the same way any over-protective parent loves their child. When Nessie gets older he'll be the friend that will always be there for her. And when she's old enough they'll love each other with as much passion as Sam and Emily. It's like the movies you see all the time where the two kids grow up together and eventually get married, the only difference is one of them doesn't age (but feels the same appropriate way that the other one does no matter what thier age is) and you know if from the get go that they're meant for each other.

Jacob ending up with Bella would have been the short end of the stick. Who wants to love someone with as much passion as physically possible to someone who's just being nice and going with the flow, but who's mind is constantly on someone else? That's unfair, and that's why I didn't like the second book at all. While Edward leaving made TOTAL sense, I absolutely couldn't stand that Bella was going to just use Jacob as a Sun instead of being a wife that he would have been wanting. I was horrified when reading that book the first time through. Getting to the part where she makes up her mind to be with Jacob even though she knows she would never love him like that.

Oh yes, and accepts high five, lol. Wood's accent was definately a main 'hot' feature, lol...and his grin *swoons*.

*GASP!* Omg I SO need to go get our tickets! HOW could I forget something so major?!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 06:42 PM

*cough* Jacob should have ended up with Leah *cough*

XD

Fight Over Robert Pattinson Poster one fan in hospital

I really hope that none of you guys would go to such lengths. O_o

(#25 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 07:29 PM

Well I wasn't able to open the link *curses internet* but from the title of the link I can grasp that I wouldn't go to that length, lol.

...Well if it was worth a lot of money sure, lol. But I'd sell it, not keep it xD.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-17-2009, 07:41 PM

Well, here's the text copied from the article:

Quote:
Oh geez, this is worse than Harry Potter. People, it is a book and a movie! No need to get into a fight!

Yeah that is right! A fan of Robert Pattinson who plays Edward in the Twilight franchise was hospitalised on Sunday night after a tiff with another girl over...

a..

POSTER!

Yep! The girl was a one of the 300 winners who had won tickets via competition to the world premiere of the new DVD Robsessed that is out this week. So the free posters were given out at the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square.

A massive fight broke out between two girls over the last poster" said Precious Acabousi, 19 from Surrey, who was at the premiere. "There was a lot of pushing and shoving, everyone was crowding around them. I heard gasps as one of the girls fell on the floor, she was in terrible pain and had twisted her arm - she was screaming for help. The poster had been ripped in two"

The fan, who cannont be named for legal reasons, was driven to hospital immediately and missed the screening
Oo-er. o.o

(#27 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 08:08 PM

Haha, I'm certainly glad most of the Twilight fans I know have common sense! You know, enough to not tear each other apart over a poster. My goodness, some people are just crazy.

I'm definitely Team Jacob. IMO, his character has the most development, and...Taylor Lautner is just way more attractive than RPattz. Actual, after finishing BD, Kate and Garret are my favorite characters.Oh, and Leah too. Whoever said jake should have ended up with Leah...that is one non-cannon fanship I'm willing to root for. And I'm not much of a shipper. Although honestly, I didn't really like I BD ended. It was just so....abrupt. I mean, she's building to the climax, building, building, building...and then it just dissipates. I felt like she felt rushed to finished. The pressure from fans definitely showed.
I really liked the middle part told from Jake's POV, though. Lol, it was good to get out of Bella's head.

I thought the first movie was a joke, but New Moon has a new director, and a budget, so I'm hoping it's better.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-17-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladoggy View Post
Haha, I'm certainly glad most of the Twilight fans I know have common sense! You know, enough to not tear each other apart over a poster. My goodness, some people are just crazy.
Yeah. O.o I mean, it was just a poster. No need to get violent over a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladoggy
Whoever said jake should have ended up with Leah...that is one non-cannon fanship I'm willing to root for.
That was me. XD Yes, I have read the books. No, I didn't care for them; however, I'm a believer in the thought that to be able to say "I don't like that", you have to have read the book, listened to the band or watched the movie. I always hate people who bash my fave bands when they haven't even bothered to check them out. -.-

(#29 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 08:14 PM

Wether I like the books or not, I was watching E! and it seemed like Kristen didn't really want to be at the carpet premiere! I wish she would be a bit more friendlier to the fans, she seemed unintrested. She always seems to be. O_o

(#30 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-19-2009, 03:01 PM

New Moon tonight!!! I am psychedddd!! I have been listening to the soundtrack for the past few days and i have been bouncing in my seat all day. I hope the next 9 hours goes quickly.

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com