Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#231 (permalink))
Old
Deidra (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 07-18-2011, 08:08 PM

The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches by Susan Russo

I was very hungry the day I made this trip to library. It outlines origins, facts, and recipes of sandwich favorites such the PB&J and lesser known combinations.

The photography is exquisite; it will have your mouth watering. Perfect for folks like me who want to start off with baby steps when working to become a aficionado in the kitchen!

av credit: moonshinegrafix @LJ
**Formerly worldgirl**
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#232 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 07-21-2011, 08:14 PM

For summer reading I'm reading a book of choice and it is Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton. Next, for my trilogy, I'm reading the Giver trilogy by Lois Lowry.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#233 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-22-2011, 03:17 PM

Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd. Pretty funny and geeky :P Helps you find your inner geek

(#234 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-22-2011, 07:29 PM

Not that I'm reading it now, but a couple weeks ago I finished "The Geeks Shall Inherit The Earth" by Alexandra Robbins. Wow. What an amazing read. Check it out, if you have time.

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#235 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 07-27-2011, 10:31 PM

I just finished "The Blue Sword" by Robin McKinley. It is pretty good, but by far too short and McKinley has a tendency to end her novels very quickly. She seems to have a problem with endings and always relies on something magical to quickly wrap it all up.

Next I am going to continue Paul is Undead, a zombie spoof on the history of the Beatles. Should be terribly amusing. After that I am going to be attempting to obtain "Messer" and teaching myself German. Its my fall project.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#236 (permalink))
Old
naruto_fan (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 12 Votes / 4.25 Average
Default 09-14-2011, 12:32 AM

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer
<333

“Morning, sunshine."
Vlad blinked at her. "Morning, sulfuric acid."
"Pardon me?"
"Well, isn't it just kinda wrong to call a vampire 'sunshine'?”
(#237 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-14-2011, 01:11 AM

I am in dire need of fiction after all the college lecture reading I've been doing; my dad suggested I read "Dune" which would happen if I had more time.

(#238 (permalink))
Old
ColorPencil (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-27-2011, 07:21 PM

I'm currently reading Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakely Cartwright, good read, I highly reccomend.

I got City Of Bones today, I need to find time to read it haha

Joey Thunder is perrffff ♥
"I'm not angel, I'm just me, but I will love you endlessley." [endlessly, the cab]
(#239 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 09-28-2011, 01:30 AM

Okay, not gonna lie...totally re-reading Sorcerer/Philopspher's Stone cause of Pottermore. Hagrid said "Whats up?" to Harry. I was like, JKR, what are you on, then remembered it was her FIRST novel. Still. Do any of you Brits talk like that? Even if you do...I find it hard to believe Muggle and Wizard slang would mix so casually. Just look at the Weasley family xD

I forgot how much fun these were to read....

(#240 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-12-2011, 07:21 PM

I'm reading Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Les Miserables. I thought that If I knew the whole freaking musical of both of them, I might as well read the novel.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."