Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 09-19-2009, 02:07 AM

I'm on Dead and Gone and taking my sweet time. Why? Because I don't know when the next one is comming out!!! What will I do when I don't have a Sookie Stackhouse adventure waiting for me to get bored?!

I'm done for. x.X

'Course up next will probably be the Masquerade vampire book thingy. So I guess I'll be okay...

...Wait, you're right antimaie! Should definately re-read Twilight before the movie comes out!

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
prin367cess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-19-2009, 05:29 PM

I just started reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and I am already halfway through it. I am loving it so far, and I haven't seen the movie yet. (Everyone told me to read the book first.)

av&sig: LancasterPrincess
http://purple-hippie.blogspot.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-19-2009, 10:00 PM

Acid Row - Minette Walters.

It's a murder mystery book, but there's always loads of subplots as well as social messages. This one has a message about mob hysteria.

(#124 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-20-2009, 02:41 PM

I capture the castle-Dodie Smith
(#125 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 09-20-2009, 03:19 PM

I uh, just finished reading Lord of the Flies.

Dude.

What. The. Hell.

O__o

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-20-2009, 04:22 PM

I love that book; along with The Wasp Factory it's one of my all time favourites. My favourite character is Roger; surprised?

(#127 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-20-2009, 04:25 PM

Not at all, Miranda. XD At first I was wondering, because he didn't really have an important part until the halfway part, and then he

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOILER! For those who haven't read it
killed Piggy and planned on killing Ralph and sticking his head on a stick like they did with the pig earlier in the book.
I really hated Jack. From the start, I just absolutely loathed him and his whole 'I command the choir, worship me LULZ' attitude. O.o

But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#128 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-21-2009, 12:35 AM

I actually did a whole paper on the darkness of the human heart based on that book(and another, I believe called The Darkness, ironically enough, which was about a pedophile). I remember having lots of WTF moments, especially about the head on a stick business and "the Beast". You would've gotten a kick out of how philosophical I got about the whole thing.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#129 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 09-21-2009, 05:44 AM

Wow, Kitty. XD Exactly how philosophical did you get?

Halestorm
(#130 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 09-21-2009, 10:57 AM

It was ridiculous, it was all about how I believed the books to be about how we try to escape our inner darkness, but its always with us, ready to come forth and take control. I then rambled on a bunch about how all it takes is the right circumstances and we would turn into "the Beast". I think I also rambled quite a bit about how darkness is quite animalistic. I did get an A+ on it though, so it had to be pretty good.

Av & Sig Credit: Me