Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Entertainment (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/entertainment/)
-   -   Twilight Rantage-Spoilers Inside (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/entertainment/20157-twilight-rantage-spoilers-inside.html)

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 12-03-2008 01:16 PM

Twilight Rantage-Spoilers Inside

Instead of attempting to go through the last thread, I decided to begin a new one; however, this time this thread is going to be monitored very carefully. Any hint of flaming and I will lock it and will delete every thread about it in the future, no exceptions. This is your FINAL chance. I will not be a babysitter for one lone thread just because some people cannot be decent.

This isn't to say disagreements are not allowed, be if you are going to disagree, be polite about it. Explain why you do not agree with the post, quote, etc, do not simply attack it or say that someone is not allowed to have an opinion because they didn't read every single sentence of the books. People can form an opinion from other sources, be it reviews, plot summaries, quotes, etc and that opinion must be respected. Same applies when it comes to those who have read the book and enjoy it, their opinion must be respected as well.

Discussion is now open, be polite because there is no more chances.

Elanorea 12-03-2008 02:43 PM

I don't think I'm currently capable of saying anything on the subject that isn't incoherent ranting, so I'll just direct you to this thread. Should be good reading for fans and haters alike.

Silver_Wolf_Kitty 12-03-2008 03:14 PM

That is a great thread, thank you for linking to it. I have to admit that my may concern about the series is the abuse which is clearly going on in it. Too many girls justify it, which scares me since they shouldn't think it is alright. Having come from abusive relationships, I know what it is like to be controlled to a point beyond that and it is not pretty, so I don't want these girls to fall into the "he's protecting me trap".

Personally, I have decided to boycott the series. I refuse to buy the books, go to the movie, purchase any merchandise, I even go out of my way to avoid any sites that advertise it. To me, the messages that the series sends out are dangerous and need to be stopped, which means stopping the publication of it in my opinion. That may sound extreme, but too many young girls believe these things are okay. I heard a story from one of the actors in the film(during an interview) that a young girl actually stopped him and asked him to bite her neck. She INSISTED that he bite it. That isn't normal. I understand liking the books and doing strange things(hell, we saw it with HP), but that is over the line.

TheHayleyDoll 12-03-2008 04:29 PM

Kitty Edit: Before proceeding any further, I must warn you that the article linked below is on a site that is not work friendly or safe for children. While the link itself is fine, there are sections of that site which are not. View at your own risk.

Anyone that doesn't know my opinion must have been living under a rock. That's all I must say. Basically, this article is my rant. Everything it says I 100% agree with. xD

The fangirls are out of control. My school had a Twilight dance! Come on, already! That's just plain silly.

Like I said, that article on ED is my rant, so if you want to know my opinion, read it. It's also funny for any Twilight haters, in case you haven't read it yet. I bookmarked it. xD

Elanorea 12-03-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll (Post 775797)
Anyone that doesn't know my opinion must have been living under a rock. That's all I must say. Basically, this article is my rant. Everything it says I 100% agree with. xD

The fangirls are out of control. My school had a Twilight dance! Come on, already! That's just plain silly.

Like I said, that article on ED is my rant, so if you want to know my opinion, read it. It's also funny for any Twilight haters, in case you haven't read it yet. I bookmarked it. xD

I should probably warn you guys that while that article is rather tame, ED contains some content that is NSFA (not safe for anyone). View at your own risk.

Kitty Edit: Thank you for posting this, I was just thinking about that myself.

AaronShadows 12-03-2008 05:37 PM

Twilight is weird, really weird. I'm avoiding it mostly, but I'm going to do it as a book review in english sometime soon. No prizes for guessing the content: -RantRantRantIHateTwilightKbyenow-

My english teacher is prolly gonna agree with me. XD

Fangirls are scary. O-o Reeaally scary.

I'm trying to convince my guild on warcraft, The dragonflight, to become an anti-twilight organisation. ^^ The dragon queen ain't happy, but I'm not gonna stop ranting in her ear until she listens. All good dragonflights protect the good of the mortal races, and I don't think ours is any different. So I'm whining at her to save poor young ladies from twilight. XD It's a threat to LIFE! The dragonflight strongly discondone any twilight stuff. :P

Kiwi_Kat 12-03-2008 05:53 PM

I like twilight. But the sad thing for me is the fact that girls are going out and spending tons of money on twilight stuff and what not. and i respect the opinions of my friends who don't like it.... but sometimes i think that they act rather immature about it. they like start forming twilight haters club and then one day at lunch the said " hey! do you want to read our post-it notes about insulting twilight and how much it sucks?" and i get that they don't like it but i think they take it just as overboard as the girls with the expensive t-shirts. And when they explain why they don't like it, i listen because i respect their views and opinions. But when i try to explain why i like it, the moment i say something they try to burn it down to the ground.

In a poke battle to the death, you may find your next clue-if modkipz didn't banhammer it first.
Secret Word: Ball

iluvdolphin6 12-03-2008 06:52 PM

i saw twilight last friday with my dad.the movie was really different than books.im not completely obbsessed with it like some ppl, but yeah, i like them.

Elanorea 12-04-2008 02:42 AM

Yeah, I can respect the opinions of people who like it - everybody has some guilty pleasures, and most of the stuff I like aren't exquisite works of fiction either. It's just the ones that try to present it as some kind of literary masterpiece that tick me off.

iluvdolphin6 12-04-2008 07:39 AM

ok so.....um robert pattinson,he is kinda hot, but this is just disgusting.......
ROB PATTINSON - PATTINSON DOESN'T WASH HIS HAIR