Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-13-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Well, he was right on that aspect. Bella is obviously a self insert, put into the story solely so that Meyer can act out her fantasy of getting it on with a hot vampire. -.- She needs some serious therapy.
Wow, never thought of it that way, but its true. xD And sick..
I am currently on the first one, reading it slowly. It isn't as good as I thought it would be, and neither was the movie. I just decided to give it a try after pretty much everyone started reading it and saying how amazing it was.
I agree that it does give girls the wrong message about relationships and how obsessive it makes girls about finding their "Edward", but I still enjoy the book. I also don't go thinking about finding an "Edward", because I know it's not possible. (He's only fiction!) I guess maturity is needed for these books.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
alluvzhorses (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Default 12-13-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_Pixie_Dust_Dispenser_xX View Post
Wow, never thought of it that way, but its true. xD And sick..
I am currently on the first one, reading it slowly. It isn't as good as I thought it would be, and neither was the movie. I just decided to give it a try after pretty much everyone started reading it and saying how amazing it was.
I agree that it does give girls the wrong message about relationships and how obsessive it makes girls about finding their "Edward", but I still enjoy the book. I also don't go thinking about finding an "Edward", because I know it's not possible. (He's only fiction!) I guess maturity is needed for these books.
that is real true. but most are just putting on an act. they know its just fantasy but it is fun to pretend.

Last edited by alluvzhorses : 12-13-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: mis speeled some things and incorrect punctuation
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#63 (permalink))
Old
SunnySunshine (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Default 12-14-2008, 12:43 PM

i personally like reading the book. I liked to READ the book, nothing else. I would never ever ever have a boyfriend like Edward. Sure it's cute in the book but that would be quite creepy. Also i used absolutely love the book before it was "popular", but like ever since almost everyone is reading the book, i think it has become worse because they actually try to act like the characters from the book. When Robert Pattinson came to a book signing in San Francisco, there were 3000 people when there was supposed to be 500. Someone broke there stinkin' NOSE!!!! he isn't that special. i still like the book, but not the out coome it has brought...
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Santa_Claus (Offline)
Father Christmas
Silent

Rating: 8 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-14-2008, 02:03 PM

Oh, I saw Elvis dressed as Santa Claus
In my home town shopping mall last night.
I knew it must be him
Santa is a very slim.
And his sideburns where much darker
Than the whiskers on his chin.

Oh, I saw Elvis dressed as Santa Claus
Hiding under that beard of snowy white.
Then I saw his whiskers slip,
When he curled his lip.
Elvis dressed as Santa Claus last night.

Ho, ho, ho! Happy holidays to all!

Merry Christmas everyone!!
(#65 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-14-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
that is real true. but most are just putting on an act. they know its just fantasy but it is fun to pretend.
Most are NOT putting on an act. That's the problem here. You obviously don't see what mostly everyone else sees - out of control girls that are idiotic enough to actually think that Bella and Edward have a good relationship. 1) No chemistry. 2) Emotional Abuse. If you call that good, then you must be blind. It's not fun to pretend that abusive boyfriends are ideal. That's freakin' creepy, and girls are risking a lot by thinking these things.

Meyer has her own personality all right... O_o I think she should have kept her nightly fantasies away from teen girls. She's twisted if she thinks that what Bella and Edward has is romance. Something is very wrong in her mind, and her relationship seems like it would scare me.

Maturity is needed for these books. It is TOTALLY WRONG for the age group it's being directed at. Abusive relationships, pedophilia, depression (after something so stupid, mind you), and stalking? Is this all romance now? If it is, my boyfriend and I must have a crummy relationship. >_<
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 04:09 PM

And the Jacob/Nessie thing is seriously twisted. -.- As well of smacking of Pedobear, it's also just like an arranged marriage where some poor girl is forced to marry a man twice her age. Also, just why is Leah infertile? Why on earth couldn't Leah have run off into the sunset with Jacob? That would have made more sense.

(#67 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 04:14 PM

Twisted? Nah, try torn to shreds and then the shreds where twisted atom bye atom.

I read a story about an arranged marriage in my schoolbook. I was like, 'Eeeuuw' And guess what? The girl in question's aunt was strikingly similar to my mother. Guh.
Lets not think it was only girls, rarely, very rarely, you'd get some weak-willed boy being forced to marry an old women. 0.o Or an old man. O_O

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#68 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 04:27 PM

The words I want to use to describe it are bleeped out by the filter. O.o I fail to see how anyone would think the imprinting thing was normal and fine. -.-

(#69 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM

Perhaps the stupider types imagined it wasn't something sexual but rather just a father/daughter type thing? 0.o

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#70 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 12-15-2008, 07:54 PM

Then they must just be sugar-coating it so it doesn't sound sick to them, or they just don't get it. o_O