Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-06-2008, 08:10 PM

Just another bad message being sent out by the books. The Jacob-Nessie(?) relationship promotes pedophilia at its worst. I can see tons of young girls rationalizing that if they did it, why isn't it acceptable for them to do it? Its scary, since obviously some girls are thinking about the "perfect Edward" thing and soon enough they will find this acceptable too.

If the books are published, they need to be focused upon a different age group. Meyer and her publishers clearly did not consider how damaging these books really are. In the end, they are not acceptable for young teenagers and even most older teenagers in my opinion(since most of them do not mature until they hit college or really start living on their own).

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#52 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-06-2008, 08:25 PM

I can just imagine a grown girl in a few years walkign into a room to find some old perve doing her baby and she just says "Oh that's okay because twilight says so!" ~_0

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant

Last edited by Miranda_ : 12-07-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Please don't swear
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-07-2008, 07:58 AM

Just a minor correction, Jacob wasn't centuries old, he was more like 17 or so. Still gross, though. That imprinting thing is totally insane. I kind of liked Jacob's character in New Moon, but it seems Meyer wasn't happy that people were liking Jacob more than Edward, so she decided to turn Jacob into pedobear or something.

(#54 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-07-2008, 08:06 AM

Yup; that's what I heard, too. Someone I know, her daughter liked Twilight til she read Breaking Dawn, and cuz Jacob was her favourite character she was absolutely livid that he'd been turned into Pedobear. So now she hates Twilight.

(#55 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 12-07-2008, 08:08 AM

Meyer needs to be taken out of her house and hospitalized in a mental hospital for even daring to write these books; did you guys know she ALSO stole the plot idea from Invasion of the Body Snatchers for her new book, "The Host"? -.- She's a downright thief and a disgusting-minded person who needs to get a reality check. Her publishers are even worse; excuse-me, but Twilight is NOT for kids. CHANGE THE PROMOTIONS!

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-07-2008, 08:16 AM

I also read somewhere that the guy who played Edward hated the character so much, that he turned Edward into a frigid emo. XD He also leaked Meyer's new book on purpose for the same reason. So now she's saying she won't release it cuz she's too upset.

(#57 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 12-07-2008, 08:19 AM

Yeah, he said something along the lines of "Edward is a manic-depressive 108-year old virgin, so obviously he has problems," if I remember correctly. He also said that reading Twilight was like reading Meyer's sexual fantasies.

(#58 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 12-07-2008, 08:26 AM

Well, he was right on that aspect. Bella is obviously a self insert, put into the story solely so that Meyer can act out her fantasy of getting it on with a hot vampire. -.- She needs some serious therapy.

(#59 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 12-07-2008, 09:00 AM

Invasion of the body snatchers? Never read it. Might get it though, now that you've told me about it. :P

But that's off topic, Bleh.

Meyer doesn't belong at large. She should definitely be locked up, or at least trailed bye a policeman wherever she goes. What if she decided to do something sick and bring her disgusting fantasies into reality? -_-

Actually, me and someone on DeviantART did a little anti-twilight roleplay thing cuz we both hate twilight. XD Her character was anti-bella; No chemistry or romance between her and my char, even. And she was always moaning about how she didn't want to grow old and how fat she was. xD
My character was a ghost, and he'd been sitting around in some house for like 200 years, so he was obviously quite angsty and boring, and tended to be slow. Mwahahaaa. Anti-edward FTW. >:D

UPDATE: Just found out there's a few dragons called twilight dragons in Warcraft. I'm gonna hunt them down and massacre them. -_- And no I don't care if they're super-powerful raid bosses. GGGGGRRRR.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant

Last edited by AaronShadows : 12-07-2008 at 01:53 PM.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
alluvzhorses (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-13-2008, 09:36 PM

i love it!!!
fav male charictor:Edward
fav female charictor:Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronShadows View Post
Apparantly the baby is called nessie, short for renesmee.
Also, apparantly jacob 'imprints' little nessie. And falls in love with it. wtf? Some century old weirdo werewolf falls in love with a BABY? That meyer person needs her head checked ...
jacob isnt even 20.

take it easy on her. she has her own personality. i have seen worse.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 12-13-2008 at 09:49 PM.