Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#341 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-03-2011, 04:39 PM

WTF is up with that rainbow puke? XD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#342 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Mary Sues are said to vomit rainbows, remember?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#343 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Still gross. XD

(#344 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 10-03-2012, 06:56 AM

*snerk* So true...

(#345 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 06-11-2014, 12:02 AM

Okay so I'm re-reading the series because I literally have nothing better to do at the moment, and I skipped a bit and started reading Breaking Dawn....and then I come across this passage:

"It was a place where anyone could believe magic existed. A place where you just expected Snow White to walk right in with her apple in hand, or a unicorn to stop and nibble the rosebushes.

Edward had always thought that he belonged to the world of horror stories. Of course, I'd known he was dead wrong. It was obvious he belonged here. In a fairy tale" (Breaking Dawn 479).

You know why that is, Bella, right? It's cause he's a bloomin' FAIRY! I couldn't help myself, that's exactly what I thought when i read it. Ahhh, the difference 6 years makes. Also, yes, stalking, ick. I first read this when I was 14, and as a 21 year old...my mind is questioning how I ever mistook this for good writing. Really, this fanfiction about sums it up: Chagrin, a twilight fanfic

Av/Sig set: Lovie

Last edited by belladoggy : 06-11-2014 at 02:22 PM.
(#346 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-11-2014, 06:07 AM

Breaking Dawn was the last straw for a lot of fans; they complained and Smeyer blew them off. That killed her career, and I can't say I'm sorry.

(#347 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-11-2014, 02:18 PM

Totally killed it for me. I wanted DEATH. DESTRUCTION. CONSEQUENCES! But nooOOOOooooo. Bella just gets to be ajdhsgfksfs PERFECT and not have to deal with ANYTHING even though SMeyer spent the last three books building up how difficult life as a newborn is. But Bella doesn't have to deal with any of that, she doesn't even have to deal with her character non-flaw of tripping over thin air. I didn't see the movie, but I was really happy when I heard they shoehorned in the scene of death and destruction anyway.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHayleyDoll View Post
And "CHAGRIN"? WTF? Put down the thesaurus and use words that aren't so d@mn stupid!
Actually, she should probably PICK UP a thesaurus, cause that seems to be the only word for "embarrassment" that she knows...including the actual word "embarrassment"!

Last edited by belladoggy : 06-11-2014 at 02:32 PM.
(#348 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 06-12-2014, 05:42 AM

What hacked a lot of the fans off was that the battle was only one of Alice's visions and never took place, then Aro and the rest just went home. I prefer this interpretation better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Pjiaxz914

(#349 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 06-12-2014, 02:31 PM

"Thanks for showing me exactly how to kill you!" *evil smirk*

Oh, me too, Miranda, me too. HISHE always makes good stuff.

I'm also re-reading the draft of Midnight Sun...pity she got so huffy about it that she quit. From her website: "If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story."

But what bugs me, is that I feel like for the first time, I'm actually, truly noticing how controlling and destructive the whole relationship is. Like, he saves her from a rapist in Port Angeles, but really, is he any better? No, he isn't, because he wants to "protect" her by not allowing her out of his sight. Like, abuse much? Like, aren't these ALL the red flags of something to totally avoid? He calls himself a monster, and he's right, but for the wrong reasons. He's not a monster due to his Meyerpiredom; he's a monster due to his controlling tendencies. Things like this passage:
Quote:
She didn't wait for me to open the door, just like last night. I had to feign normality here at school--so I couldn't move fast enough to prevent this--but she was just going to have to get used to being treated with more courtesy, and get used to it soon (Midnight Sun partial draft 4, pg. 222).
If he wasn't "gorgeous" (also also, the only thing they ever talk about each other is how they look/smell. Only physical things. And they say they love each other...but neither of them has any actual CHARACTER traits. When I think of the people I love, it's not their appearance that decides me. It's that I can talk easily with them, can joke with them, can have deep and serious discussions with them about practically anything, including religion and politics, and it's that when I'm going crazy, they listen to me and pull me back from the edge, they calm me down and make me laugh and show that they care about ME as a PERSON, not how I look. Granted, none of them have returned the feelings yet, but still), she would find his behavior appalling. She SHOULD find his behavior appalling.

(#350 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-24-2014, 10:48 PM

All those "How it Should Have Ended" are always funny! XD
(I don't think I've commented on this thread yet, so sorry if my comment is sort of random.)

I read all the books a few years back, maybe freshmen year of high school. I did it mostly so I could say I judged the book rather than the movies. As a typical teenage girl I really liked the books at first. The books were romantic to say the least and there was some action. Then when I read stuff like how it promoted changing yourself for someone or being depressed because the "love of your life" didn't love you, well I wasn't too crazy about it after that. I'm just glad I didn't turn into a crazy fan!