Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#221 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-24-2009, 05:24 PM

Elanorea, I totally agree. xD

It is fun to make fun of. Maybe if we make fun of it enough, Stephanie Meyer will cry herself to sleep and vow never to write again. That would be great because, seriously, this woman CANNOT WRITE.

Quote:
I kicked his chair.

He met my gaze for a minute, and then looked down. I could hear the shame and rebellion war in his head.

"Sorry," Jasper muttered.

I shrugged.

"You weren't doing anything," Alice murmured to him, soothing his chagrin. "I could see that."
WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!! What's with the one sentence (or even TWO WORDS) paragraphs? And "CHAGRIN"? WTF? Put down the thesaurus and use words that aren't so d@mn stupid! It's beyond obvious you're trying to look smart, but your CRAPPY WRITING makes it obvious that you are not nearly as intelligent as you pretend to be.

It's a good idea not to open it... IT BLINDED ME!

Though, it was kind of hilarious how some people like this crap. xD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#222 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-24-2009, 05:28 PM

I dind't even get that far. XD

And, yeah, she uses "big words" to make herself seem intelligent and talented... but she's not! I swear, talent is not appreciated anymore; the only reason I MIGHT do a lot of "paragrahps" is if there was a lot of dialogue, which is supposed to make a new paragraph... that "I shrugged" shouldn't have been put alone like that. =\

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#223 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-24-2009, 05:39 PM

And "I kicked his chair".

Scanning through it... she seems to do that A LOT. One sentence paragraphs, I mean. And she does it multiple times in a row, so there will be possibly 3 one-line sentences (that aren't quotes) in a row. Oh, here's a funny one, "I heard the tempo of her heart increase."

WTF is with that, too? Can't you just said, "I heard her heart start to beat faster." Is that REALLY so difficult? >.> Tempo is not a word used to describe a heartbeat very often. It makes me think of Jamaican music. XD

Also, it mentions Bella's brown eyes at least half a dozen times in the first 18 pages. Apparently they are both wide, and small, at the same time. Oh, and he also mentions how dangerous he is and calls himself a monster over a dozen times. >.>

"The monster rejoiced."

WTH. Just... WTH... no comment.
(#224 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-24-2009, 05:39 PM

I noticed right off that the words were completely inappropriate. What's with the spacing too? I swear my brain died a bit reading that.

That's Midnight Sun for anyone wondering and its been on indefinite hold since the leak last year. Apparently she's being whiny and refuses to continue until everyone forgets it. Silly since there have been plenty of leaks before. She's just whining because I think this is possibly worse than Twilight, ugh.

I imagine this fad will die like the rest. We've seen them before and while this is a bit more long-lived, it will go soon enough.

I feel somewhat bad for Rob; He's a great actor, but Twilight killed his appeal for me. I do like Taylor though, he's rather scrumptious and has a nice personality. Can't say the same for Kristen--she's been on my nerves from the start and I think fans take too much crap from her. I may not like the fandom, but here god she is incredibly cruel to them.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#225 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-24-2009, 05:43 PM

Oi. x.x I agree with everything you just said.

I personally, that, with writing, some of the flow comes from how you say things, and often it's best to keep things plain instead of triyng to "invent" some "fancy" new way of saying it like that; it seems awkward and beyond silly.

My art buddy pointed out that a lot of people would not be greatly familiar with the idea of werewolves turning directly into a wolf instead of a weird man-thing were it not for the abuse of themf rom Twilight. -.- Stupid Meyers.

(#226 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-24-2009, 05:55 PM

That's true; its more common to have some man-wolf mixture than a straight up wolf. Its weird to me too.

AppleGeeks 3.0

Jason sent this to me, thought you guys would appreciate it.

(#227 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-24-2009, 05:57 PM

Count Chocula is sooo much better!

(#228 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM

Queenie, Jason says you need rainbows and unicorns to add to the Edward pic xD

(#229 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 11-24-2009, 06:09 PM

Tell Jason that it shall have to wait... or he can add them himself.

(#230 (permalink))
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-24-2009, 06:10 PM

I'm not sure I trust him doing that. The unicorns would come out pretty demented.