Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#201 (permalink))
Old
Moon_Crescent (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-08-2009, 09:14 PM

Today I finally convinced my friend that I liked the Twilight series despite the fact when she wasn't looking, I was gagging. The book was very poorly written, and what was up with Bella wanted....."it"...so much? You're not normal at 18 if you cry infront of your boyfriend and have freaky dreams because you want a baby...not normal. Bella and Edward are the most Mary and Gary Sue like I've ever read-and I read tons of books. And with the "clumsiness" of Bella, it makes her more Mary sue, how she was always so emberassed about how everyone stared when she fell. And ohhh, my boy friend is just so perfect but I don't want to marry him because I'm afraid for my mom and dad not to be killed! I wanna be a monster too! I want to have to drink blood and have a freaky spawn that tears me limb from limb until I die or someone turns me into a vampire! And then I go to my mortal enemy vampire begging for help because I think she understands but she just wants the baby inside of me! I mean, give me a break! Every, pretty much, person in my class has atleast a few t-shirts from twilight or new moon. My friend is also forcing me to come to new moon. It's.gonna.be.freakin.torture.

My DeviantArt

MoonCrescent
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#202 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 11-11-2009, 07:38 PM

I love how the thread rating is 2. Twitards and their immaturity. They're so... defensive and agressive when it come to their precious saga of creepiness.

Don't get me wrong, I have friends that like Twilight (my BFF, for example, is a Twitard). Some are okay, but others are just screaming little fangirls, and they scare me, to be quite honest. xD

I don't understand the appeal of that book. I tried reading it again, and I felt like I wanted to go cry in a corner over what this world has come to. It's wrong on so many levels. Edward is a crazy, obsessive, stalker. Bella is a clusmy and annoying Mary-Sue who FOR SOME ODD REASON seems to get loads of male attention despite being described as "average"-looking. Jacob is a PEDO who figures, "Hey, if I can't have Bella, I'll just go for her little baby girl." CREEPER. I've talked to Twilight fans, and slowly but surely, some are starting to really listen - some of which even admitted that Meyer can't write at all. Makes me happy that some are coming to their senses. XD

I think it has to do with growing up. The Twilight fan base is generally between 12-18 year old girls. There are people outside of that fan base, yes, but the majority are in that group.

Though, except for Twilight-bashing between myself and my closest group of friends (the ones I always hang out with), I haven't heard much about the Twilight saga lately from people who used to be upset. I'm starting to think their fans are retreating...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#203 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-14-2009, 11:48 AM

YouTube - Twilight Sucks! (video of Anti-twilight icons and pictures)

Lulzers.

(#204 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-14-2009, 04:40 PM

That made me giggle. XD

(#205 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 08:11 PM

I thought the "These are the sparkles of a killer" was hillarious xD I still can never get over the whole sparkling thing, its just so strange and unvampire-like. I mean, I'm all for rethinking things(zombies, for example, I love how they've evolved through movies, books, etc), but sparkling was a bit... off? Where do you even get an idea like that?

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#206 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-17-2009, 08:14 PM

Fantasy land? O_o Vampires just don't sparkle. O.o It's like giving them pink hair and tans.

(#207 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 11-17-2009, 08:15 PM

What if a black person was turned? I always imagined that they'd turn greyish, like someone turned down the color saturation of their skin... I could real quick make an example of that and put it up here, if I need to.

(#208 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-18-2009, 07:51 AM

I expect so; any other nationality would have a leached version of their skin colour, I would expect. After all, Caucasian people don't have white skin as such; it's more peach.

(#209 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 11-18-2009, 08:42 AM

Okay, that is it, someone needs to give Edward pink hair, a tan, AND sparkles. I sense pricelessness on the horizon.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#210 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-18-2009, 08:42 AM

Are there any skilled with Photoshop in the house?

Another thing I read was that Meyer says that the reason why the Meyerpires are beautiful, is to ensure they trap their prey. Bull. Crocodiles aren't beautiful, and they manage alright. My vampire character Liam isn't; in fact, he's average looking and very short. XD

Last edited by Miranda_ : 11-18-2009 at 11:27 AM.