Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
sweetie_pie09223 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.50 Average
Send a message via MSN to sweetie_pie09223
Default 12-04-2008, 11:00 AM

I thought his hair was kinda messy in some picz but I didn't know he didn't wash his hair.
Thats really gross.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 11:27 AM

I think Twilight has been aimed at an audience way too young than should be reading that stuff. I think its wrong for 11 and 12 year olds to be reading the book when they don't understand how abusive Bella and Edward's relationship is. I'm 15 and I liked the neurotic feel to the books, but I was also aware that Bella and Edward relationship is not not healthy in a way that a 12 year old might not.
I like the books but yus, they are very overrated. Some people have problems with the very thin plots and why would she date him ect but after all it is just fiction. I think Meyer can write vampires however she likes in her own books and I don't have a problem with their traits ect I just wish the author had realized that they are not brilliant novels and I wished they hadn't taken them so far. I'm also really not pleased they are making a film of Eclipse, it will just keep this Twilight love/hate debate going on for a lot longer xD

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams

Last edited by Doctorwho_gal : 12-04-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 04:49 PM

i'm 12. but if they make a movie for breaking dawn, and add ALL the detail.....then i dont know if i can,let alone WANT to go see it....if you read the book u know what im talking about. got some mental pictures while reading a few parts......a few i didnt need.....

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-04-2008, 04:58 PM

but the thing is, that if breaking dawn does come out as a movie it will be in like four years so you'll be 16 and i don't think it will be as disturbing. I'm 11 and have already finished the series. but I'm very mature and i get it and stuff. and i think its very sweet and romantic. not that i would even think about doing it anytime soon. it doesn't bug me that much.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 05:12 PM

I don't think it's romantic. I actually think their 'love' is quite revolting. She's almost obsessed with him, and he's an abusive boyfriend. Meyer disguises their faults by saying "it's because they love each other."

Bella is a Sue, and Edward isn't any better. I do have problems with making the vampires so different. That's like taking a unicorn, giving it five heads, a lion's tail, and making it a carnivore and basically completely changing it but letting it keep it's horn and STILL calling it a unicorn. Everyone sees unicorns as these majestic white one headed horse like creatures. Some myths also say they fly, but that's only one thing and it doesn't disturb the creature in general. However, vampires are supposed to be tough, unsympathetic, creatures of the night that drink humans' blood and burn in the sunlight. Edward is not a vampire, but a Meyerpire. Oh, and how can Edward make a child? He's the undead and I think fluidless as well. Anyone that knows their sex education would see the many flaws in Meyer's logic there. Meyer has a lot of gaps in her logic. And in her lack-of-a-plotline.

I really do love that article I posted... xD I might actually make it my homepage or something.

Sadly, I have friends that love Twilight. One of them understands everything I say and COMPLETELY AGREES, but yet she still likes it. I understand liking a book because you found it entertaining, but obsession is a whole other level. Most obsessed people deny it, too. Like my old BFF. She came to my house for the weekend and insisted we watch a Twilight special. We were at MY HOUSE and she knows I don't like Twilight. Actually, she considered not coming because Robert Pattinson was going to Toronto, her new hometown, and she didn't want to miss it. Then she couldn't by me a gift for Christmas because she needed the money to buy Twilight tickets for her and her other Twilight-obsessed new friends. *rollseyes*

I thought it was written like a bad fan-fiction also.

Before I start a war, I will once again mention that if you do NOT know how I feel about Twilight, you must be stupid because I mention it all the time. Even in my siggy. If you don't know my opinion, click the link I posted on the first page. That whole link is my rant.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 05:25 PM

I don't like the way that the books portray a sick, abusive and frankly disturbing guy as the perfect boyf, and glamourise spousal abuse. Also, the imprinting thing is SICK. I'm sorry, but a grown man being imprinted on a BABY is akin to pedophilia. We all know that Stephanie only made Jacob into Pedobear cuz she hated the way that many fans prefered Jacob over Edward due to him actually having some shreds of characterisation.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 05:48 PM

there are WAY to many ppl obbessing over these books. like this one girl at my school. she read the first book 5 TIMES. and the other ones 3. i only read the first one 2 times bc, i saw the movie, and i wanted to compare book to movie (movie COMPLETELY DIFFERENT) and she has like 10 twilight magazines, twilight poster in her locker, and when she got grounded, her punishment was that she was allowed to go see twilight.....

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
(#18 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 05:50 PM

Indeed. -.- Jacob actually had a little something, and then she just destroyed him.

Had some other writer come up with the character and used him, he might have actually had a chance to be a decent charrie.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Kiwi_Kat (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: Not Rated
Default 12-04-2008, 06:17 PM

i've reread the first one and i am currently rereading the last one. and i see the points you guys are making and agree that they are valid points. but i still like it. in my opinion it is a very interesting story.

NO SLEEP IN HEAVEN OR BETHLEHEM
"I feel you breathing... Everywhere...The rain, the hay... please. Please Wendela."
(#20 (permalink))
Old
jordanashley (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.33 Average
Default 12-04-2008, 07:01 PM

Um...I'd like to know something. Seriously, I'm not joking at all, and I'm not trying to start a fight or anything. But um...why do you think Bella is a 'mary-sue' or whatever. Isn't that like a perfect person? If you actually read the books, you'd see that she definatly isn't perfect. Edward on the other hand...he's kinda perfect. But he has his flaws, too. I'm really trying hard not to sound mean, but I'm really offended by what some of you say about Twilight. I'm a huge fan.