Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#131 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM

Blah. Read Darren shan! >:D

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#132 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-15-2009, 03:36 PM

Oh snap! O_O I forgot Cirque du Freak... Though those vampires were still a little too off the wall for me, too, I mean... blood exchange through the fingertips? >.>;

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#133 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-15-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Wolf_Kitty View Post
Wait, Hayley, at your cheesy commentor, the Anne Rice vampires were beautiful too. They just weren't sparkly. Huge difference there. They were beautiful and managed to maintain what vampires are in essence. His apparent decision to not drink human blood is eerily like Lestat's when he saw he was a monster(hmmm, stolen explanation anyone?), but the difference is Lestat realized its his livelihood. I believe it was possible as well with Rice vampires to only take a little and not kill the victim. Just saying that I find her explanation rather annoying since I doubt you were rambling on about the beauty and more so about the unrealistic vampire natures in the novel.

As for the ranty one, did you even diss Meyer? If she gets all pouty about one anti-twilight sentiment, she's a dingbat who just proved she shouldn't be writing to begin with since critique is normal. God, they are like bad fan fiction groupies.
No, I never even really mentioned beauty. I mentioned perfection. I'm okay with a vampire being beautiful, just not perfect in every single effing way. Actually, I never even singled out the Cullens when I said that, I just said her characters were undeveloped and had no depth. O_o And of course I mentioned the sparkliness. xD

Well, I agreed with what Steven King said about her being a much worse writer then J.K.Rowling. So really, Steven King dissed Meyer. Still, it wasn't ever a personal diss; I never called her fat, or ugly, or anything. I critiqued her writing style. Authors get critiques all the time, I'm sure Meyer would be able to handle mine. O_o Honestly.

Trust me, there are hundreds of those fanatics at my school. Gym class was a total b*tch because it was all girls, and all but one other girl and myself, loved Twilight. O_O
(#134 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 04-15-2009, 04:22 PM

Apparently, that's the most painless way. :3

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
(#135 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 04-15-2009, 05:04 PM

You know Stephenie Meyer admitted that Bella Swan was supposed to be for girls to insert themselfs in? She posted it on her website. I'll have to get a link later.

(#136 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-15-2009, 05:31 PM

She means herself; it's obvious that Stephanie created Bella simply as a self insert. -.-

(#137 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-15-2009, 05:35 PM

Note that it was written in first person. -.- It was her "dream" after all. *rolls eyes*
(#138 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Default 04-15-2009, 05:36 PM

Yup. Tw*tlight is the WORST book ever. EVER EVER EVER. >_>

(#139 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 04-18-2009, 12:32 AM

OH GOD! My friends are making me read twilight. I feel like I am about ready to die. I just got through the first chapter and I already want to throw the book in a burning pit of flames. *sighs* And on a side note, why the hell does Edward already hate bella when he has only met her in one class and didn't even speak to her?

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#140 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 04-18-2009, 12:38 AM

You mean love? xD You said hate. I'm not sure they ever hated each other, then again, I have hit my head off the wall so many times to forget everything that I read - which was about a third of the book, then I gave up.

Apparently, he's attracted by her smell.

Edward: "You smell nice. I love you."
Bella: "Thank you. You're pale and hot and perfect... I love you too!"

... ... ... *smacks head on keyboard*