Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#121 (permalink))
Old
iluvdolphin6 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM

haha. that is funny! ^^

It's weird how you say that you hate the guy who broke your heart.. but when he runs back to you, your arms are wide open..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Saphire_Mist (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-07-2009, 07:11 PM

I know.She had one from all of the books-

New Moon
Bella-*sniff* y-you don't want me?
Edward-No bella.
Bella-WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *faints*
Edward-*disapears*
Bella- *3 hours later* Edward..wait
-9 months later-
Bella-*cliff dives*
Edward-Bella's dead! I'm gonna commit suicide *goes to volturi and becomes emo*
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#123 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 04-14-2009, 04:09 PM

*sighs*

So I write this blog for class, and I decided to write about how much I dislike Twilight, and why. It's an incredibly long blog (well over 1000 words), and I'm sure I left out some stuff because Twilight is just... well, it's not good (IMO).

I must have mentioned at least three times that I don't mean to come off rude or to offend anyone, but I thought I should post the replies I got from some fans of the saga. I only have two so far.

Number 1: WARNING - VERY CHEESY.
Quote:
So I love twilight and I'm not here to disrespect ,so here me out
As for your comment about the vampires in this book not really being vampires, I think that's kind of the idea. I think you should just read all of the books before judging just becuase in the books its really symbolic. A vampire is seen as a cruel monster and in the book Edward is ashamed of who he is. The reason why he choses not to drink human blood is because he knows that he is a monster and he's doing everything that he can to be a better person. It gives you hope that if you don't want to be a bad person you can always change it around for the best. Its him going against nature to be a better person and even though thats not a traditional vampire its a fresh and positive take on things. Even with the comment about where she talks about the looks, I think she does it in a symbolic way. Again if you read the book, you would read that Edward is built as beautifully as he is for the sake of killing. These days we see people manipulating others with beauty like in advertising. I think that its good because it shows that beauty can be dangerous and it can lead to extremes like anorexia. She doesn't exactly say that in the book but if you read it you may see that its a little deeper than you think. That's juist my take on things but I think its only fair that you read the books before you complain becuase to me it seems like your not getting the whole story. (:
Somebody takes Twilight a little too seriously. It's like she's reading in to everything that is said or whatever. Meyer's not that deep. I think she's the one missing the idea of the book... Oh, by the way, the same girl said in class today that Twilight was one of the greatest romance movies of all time. Comparing Twilight to something like Titanic seems a bit crazy, if you ask me. O_o

Number 2: O_O Take a chill pill.

Quote:
Its great that you get to share your thoughts about Twilight, but remember, that Stephenie Meyer is a person with feelings. What if she were to come and read this? That would be alittle harsh on the thing that came to her in a dream and she just decided to write about it. She didnt make the book popular, fans did. I know you're going to say, "oh, this will make her stronger" or something dumb like that, but if i were to read something you wrote and said "GAH! That was complete S**T!" How would that make you feel? You may say, " I dont care what you say about my work. But, words do hurt." Its just like when Mr.Kemp was saying that after working so hard on marking our work, and we take it and we see that we got a 60% and go "EW!" Then throw it out. That just throws away both all of our work, along with his work. See? Its just a book. Im not saying that it was the best book of life, but im also saying it wasnt horrible. I think its pretty pathetic for you to have to write this whole blog about something so dumb! --- see, thats me downing your work. Dumb eh?
Oh yeah, poor Stephanie, some people don't like her writing... Come on. PUH-LEASE, girl. Calm the heck down. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. My response to this on the blog was about another 500 - 1000 words long. Basically I told her that everyone has different opinions, and that I have as much of a right to hate Twilight as she does to like it. *rollseyes* Oh, and just to p*ss her off, I told her "I don't care what she says about my work". Because yeah, that's about the only thing true about what she said.

Note: after reading this all (the blog and the comments), my once "neutral" friend now absolutely hates Twilight, too. xD - Oh, and she felt like gagging after the first comment.

EDIT : Also note that they are both preppy and popular. That seems to be a trend. Don't you find it funny that all the conformists love Twilight? >.<

Last edited by TheHayleyDoll : 04-14-2009 at 04:12 PM.
(#124 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 04-14-2009, 05:35 PM

=P

My response to that blog;

Twilight threatens my people with madness and perversion. THIS! IS! SPARTANORMALTOWN!!!!!!

xD

300 = Most badass movie evveeeerrr. But that's off the point.

Mayer has ruined relationships because after reading her confounded book, lovers weren't satisfied with each other anymore. and she's twisted the development of younger children who chanced upon her evil grimoire for sure, not to mention given lots of girls (And maybe even guys) Ideas that abusive relationships are good. I think she deserves to have her feelings smashed, chewed to bits, stamped on and burned. =P

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#125 (permalink))
Old
KaraKupkakex (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 2.60 Average
Send a message via MSN to KaraKupkakex
Default 04-14-2009, 06:54 PM

BELLAASS pregnant in the past im reading in breaking dawn.Edward wants her to give it up but she doesnt want to o.O its a little blood sucking baby vamp in her belly but she doesnt care xd

Yoh
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 04-14-2009, 06:59 PM

I am so sick of Twilight. I think you should all go read City of Bones instead. Far better.

I hope this silly little craze dies down soon, it's getting annoying.

(#127 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 04-14-2009, 07:15 PM

The only reason it got so played up was probably because of the movie. It was better tamed when there wasn't a movie. Plus, the movie ruined it. :/

Yes, if your looking for decent vampires, go read city of Bones, but I shall warn you, Jace is mines. xD

baby, you got me. ♥
(#128 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 04-15-2009, 06:25 AM

NO! Anne Rice books own Meyer too! I love Lestat. ... Even IF he's a little nuts in Interview with the Vampire...

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#129 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-15-2009, 09:18 AM

Wait, Hayley, at your cheesy commentor, the Anne Rice vampires were beautiful too. They just weren't sparkly. Huge difference there. They were beautiful and managed to maintain what vampires are in essence. His apparent decision to not drink human blood is eerily like Lestat's when he saw he was a monster(hmmm, stolen explanation anyone?), but the difference is Lestat realized its his livelihood. I believe it was possible as well with Rice vampires to only take a little and not kill the victim. Just saying that I find her explanation rather annoying since I doubt you were rambling on about the beauty and more so about the unrealistic vampire natures in the novel.

As for the ranty one, did you even diss Meyer? If she gets all pouty about one anti-twilight sentiment, she's a dingbat who just proved she shouldn't be writing to begin with since critique is normal. God, they are like bad fan fiction groupies.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#130 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-15-2009, 11:08 AM

The fact is, a vampire has to take blood to survive. Night World vampires can take blood from people and animals without killing them, and they can live off animal blood. They are good looking too, but they look inhuman and when they're feeding, they look savage and animalistic. And nope, not sparkly.

A vegetarian vampire is so off the wall, it's not even funny. It's also inaccurate, as blood still counts as a meat product, therefore if the Meyerpires are drinking blood, then they are not vegetarian. The End. To all you veggies out there, would you consider someone a true veggie if they were drinking a blood meal?

And Lestat would pwn Edward. Hell, even the little girl would. XD