Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default Favorite books? - 11-09-2008, 02:46 AM

Just kind of wondering what books everyone else reads.
Anyways, I just love the Sword of Truth series, it's so awesome. Don't know if anyone else on here has ever read it, though. I am also a fan of Acorna, the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, the Joe Grey Mysteries, Uglies, Tamora Pierce, the Lord of the Rings among many other wonderful sci-fi and fantasy books.

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)

Last edited by eliginorski : 12-24-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-09-2008, 10:45 AM

I love the Lord Of The Rings books, also The Hobbit which I read before reading the trilogy; and it's a good thing I did, cuz in order to fully understand some parts of The Fellowship, you have to have read The Hobbit.

I also like Tanith Lee's books, and the Xanth series, which not many people sadly seem to have heard of.

I also like The Dark Is Rising sequence; I know it's meant for kids, but I read it as a kid and still read it as an adult, it's so well written and such a good series of books. ^^

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 02-14-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 11-09-2008, 12:27 PM

I like books by Gail Carson Levine. I love first person stories, and the romance. I haven't read much but my favorite is Fairest. I am currently reading Ella Enchanted.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
TinkerBell1995 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-09-2008, 12:51 PM

I love the Little House on the Prairie series, Uglies, and the Hobbit.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 11-09-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
I also like The Dark Is Rising sequence; I know it's meant for kids, but I read it as a kid and still read it as an adult, it's so well written and such a good series of books. ^^
I think I read The Seeker, but I can't remember now. O.o

I adore the Crystal Shard series by R. A. Salvatore, I can't stop reading it over and over. There's another series I read as well, the main character is Eve Duncan. She's a forensic sculptor who was pushed to her career by the kidnap and murder of her own child, which was never solved until some book in the series. I've read Face of Deception and one other book that I can't think of off the top of my head. XD

I also loved Lord of the Fading Lands, I can't remember right now who wrote it but it's a beautiful book. Funny thing is, I HATE romance, yet it is a romance, sort of. XD A person I know compared it to Twilight, which made me smack her as the main character DOES have a brain and the man she loves is overly protective only because one, he's a Tairen (which is basically a feline dragon and you know how regular dragons are!), and two, he's a Feyreisen, which are never meant to have soulmates. Therefore, yeah, he's bound to freak out if she gets hurt or attacked. However, she's able to keep him on a leash; there's things called 'oaths' amongst the Fey and only the person they pledge to can break the oath.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm

Last edited by Silent_Wolf : 11-09-2008 at 01:32 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 11-09-2008, 04:37 PM

OoooooOOOOooooOOOOoohhHHHHHhhhh I have so, much, cr'ap to yob about. FIrstly, the wardstoen chronicles. Oooooooh yeah. I also love darren shan (Demons wrewolves and gore booooom!) I like artemis fowl, cherub series, AARRRGGHHHH so many. Wait here.

Okay, here's more. Jenny nimmo, the halo novels, vampire hutner D (Tho I've only read nevol one, cuz mom refuses to let me get the others JUST because
There was a TINY amount of mature content in it. I mean WTF?!) I love micheal paver's chronicles of ancient darkness, and z harry potter books. Oh yeah, go potter go.

I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick. ~ Valkyrie Cain
Ill buy you a stick for Christmas. - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Xx_Pixie_Dust_xX (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Smile 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM

I love tons of books. ^^
But i prefer the Clique series, Poseur series, Peaches trilogy and many more.
I mostly like modern day books about girls my age that i can kinda relate to.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Chicken_pie15 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Default 11-12-2008, 02:50 PM

I love Stephenie Meyer's books, that of course includes the Twilight series and her new book, Host.

I also really like Julia Quinn's books, i own ALL of them so far!! I LOVE HER!

Frank McCourt's autobiographies are some of the best you're ever going to read. I highly reccomend him.

The sun doesn't give light to the moon assuming the moon's gonna owe it one.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-12-2008, 03:03 PM

I also like crime books; Ruth Rendell and Minette Walters are my fave crime novelists, along with Agatha Christie. ^^

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Rocketship_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 6 Votes / 4.17 Average
Default 11-12-2008, 03:05 PM

I have been going to the library, ALOT lately. So, my bookworm ways returned once again. O_o
I read whenever I can- and these are just my favorites at the moment. Mostly the ones I just finished reading, and am still letting the awesomeness of each one sink in. ;]

Um...
Endymion Spring: Such a fantastic book. Thick, too. Nearly five hundred pages or something like that. Wonderful book. It is clear, and descriptive. You have a picture of what is going on the entire time. And it is also written in two points of views, also once is past tense and once is present.

Pirates!: This is a good book, as well. Just finished it last night. Though I am not such a fan of first person writing, it pulled me in quickly with a really in-depth plot. Though, at times, it tended to push in a crucial fact a bit too quickly and abruptly, it was overall a very well written and descriptive book.

Primevara: This book was both a gore-fest, and a tear-jerker. It had people being quarted, decapitated, hung, stabbed, poisoned, ecsetera. The entire story was very intense and tragic, but the ending definetely took the cake. It ended gloriously, so I wasn't throwing the book against the wall because the main characters love died after all.

Book of a Thousand Days: Such a great book... It was absolutely, without a doubt, AMAZING. It was written as a diary, but the diary was written as to tell the story exactly and correctly. Who doesn't like a Brother Grimm's fairytale twisted into a tragic, story themed as if in Medeival Mongolia? So great, in my opinion. And the Lady's servant did, indeed, marry the Khan. :]

This list would be longer, but I can't think of anymore at the moment, and I have a brand new book just picked up and I'm only seven pages in.
Heh, heh...

John Bonham
29 years gone, but never forgotten.
R.I.P.
5-31-48 - 9-25-80
We salute you.