Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 05-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Still loving Iris Johansen. Am also becoming more fond of Dean Koontz.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
halfempty1997137

Default 05-08-2009, 04:36 PM

dean koontz is awesome.
but i like stephen king hes amazing!
i also like agatha christie books, also i read manga alot to.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aihana_ View Post
The Mortal Instruments Series. Also known as City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass.
I actually really wanted to read those books, but they're always out at the public library and the library at my school doesn't even have the first one...it's really stupid.

Anyways, just finished reading the Bridei Chronicles (loved them, by the way) by Juliet Marillier, she's one of my favorite authors. I wouldn't usually recommend her books, though, unless you don't mind slow paced novels that focus more on character development...which is something that lot of people don't seem to like.

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 05-08-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliginorski View Post
I actually really wanted to read those books, but they're always out at the public library and the library at my school doesn't even have the first one...it's really stupid.

Anyways, just finished reading the Bridei Chronicles (loved them, by the way) by Juliet Marillier, she's one of my favorite authors. I wouldn't usually recommend her books, though, unless you don't mind slow paced novels that focus more on character development...which is something that lot of people don't seem to like.

Good things come to those who wait.
I promise you, you will be thankful you waited for it, just don't give up. XD

(#35 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Default 05-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aihana_ View Post
The Mortal Instruments Series. Also known as City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass.
Well said child, well said.

baby, you got me. ♥
(#36 (permalink))
Old
halfempty1997137

Default 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliginorski View Post

NOOOO! don't give up!
the writing is amazing in those books.
just wait you'll be glad you, or you can find it on ebay for a cheap price.
the bridei chronicles is good but its kinda slow paced like her other books...
but she's good with character development witch i actually enjoy.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
stargazer97 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 05-23-2009, 07:11 PM

I read tons of book, but here are a few favorites...

Unicorn Chronicals: A series of three books about a woman named Ivy Morris, and her grandaughter Carra, Diana, Hunter. In the first book Ivy tells Cara about the magical land of Luster, the land of Unicorns. But Cara is soon thrown into Luster because she find her father is chasing her to find Lister, becuase Cara and her father are both decended from Beloved, a woman who has sworn to destroy all Unicorns. Now, entering into the second book, Cara travells through Luster whith a small group of three Unicorns to where she can use a magical amulet to go back to Earth. I haven't read the third one.

Faerie Path series: A 16 year old girl named Anita crashes into a pillar of a bridge with her boyfriend the day before her birthday. After being in the hospital for a day and a night, a figure of a man appears and takes her land of Faerie, where she discovers she is a princess named Tania.

Emily Windsnap seried;A 13 year old girl discovers that her mother was once married to a mermaid, making her half human and half mermaid. She turns intop a mermaid whenever she is completly submerged in water.

And many, many more.

Gentle breezes rush by me. They seem to scream your name. I've done everything I could, to keep from going insane. I tried, I tried, I tried. But I should have never denied, my love. Sweet angel, adieu.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 05-24-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer97 View Post
I read tons of book, but here are a few favorites...

Unicorn Chronicals: A series of three books about a woman named Ivy Morris, and her grandaughter Carra, Diana, Hunter. In the first book Ivy tells Cara about the magical land of Luster, the land of Unicorns. But Cara is soon thrown into Luster because she find her father is chasing her to find Lister, becuase Cara and her father are both decended from Beloved, a woman who has sworn to destroy all Unicorns. Now, entering into the second book, Cara travells through Luster whith a small group of three Unicorns to where she can use a magical amulet to go back to Earth. I haven't read the third one.
Oh wow....those books were awesome....I've also only read the first two. I used to love them so much, I even had this weird obsession for a while. Although, that actually happens with almost every series I read, so it's not really that significant.

It's been years since I last read them, though, I should reread them sometime...

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)

Last edited by eliginorski : 05-24-2009 at 01:10 AM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
BreeBree446

Thumbs up The Supernaturalist - 06-29-2009, 01:10 AM

I really like The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer. He's the same guy who wrote the Artemis Fowl series.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 06-29-2009, 01:51 AM

GONE and HUNGER by Michael Grant.
These books are great. Simply great.