Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 01-17-2009, 10:54 AM

The Inkheart trilogy is definately something everyone should read. I know its coming out as a movie in about a week, but nothing can beat these books. There's a little bit of everything: magic, love, adventure, war, peace, bandits, evil rulers, etc. Anyone can find something to love in these books.

Also, The Mists of Avalon. Its better for older readers because of the minor sexual content, but its an amazing take on Arthurian legend told from the views of the women in Arthur's life. This book is my all-time favorite.

Some other good ones are His Dark Materials Trilogy, The Dark Tower series, Abhorsen Trilogy, and The Two Princesses of Bamarre.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
booni_monkey (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 03-01-2009, 09:11 AM

I love the Mists of Avalon! I first read it when I was ten and got freaked out by what happened in the third book, the King's Stag, but after reading Nora Robert's Midnight Bayou I quickly got over it and read it again {:

Now, my favorite book of all time is Wurthering Heights. Honestly, the best dark character next to Snape is Heathcliff. Its about this lass named Cathy, who lives on the moors in a huge old manor called Wurthering Heights. Her and her brother greet their father who has just come back from a trip to Liverpool only to find he has brought a Gypsy! They name the little bot Heathcliff. The book is mainly about the love that Cathy and Heathcliff grow for each other and the struggle through life they go through to remain in each other's arms. This book is romance/tragedy.

Then there's Jane Eyre, Harry Potter, Twilight Saga, Kiki Strike, etc, etc...

control yourself;
take only what
you need
from it.

a family of trees
wanted to be
haunted.
♥ MGMT.

Last edited by booni_monkey : 03-01-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-26-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booni_monkey View Post
Then there's Jane Eyre, Harry Potter, Twilight Saga, Kiki Strike, etc, etc...
Booni I thought you said you didn't like the twilight series... I'm confused.

I love Noughts and Crosses! I haven't read the rest of the series yet though. In the film Inkheart then that evil guy (can't remember what he's called) Oh yeah he's called Capricorn is acted out by the same person who was Gollum/Smeagol in lord of the rings I think he's called Andy Serkis.
Someday I want to read Lord of the Rings...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 04-26-2009, 09:56 AM

I like fantasy and chinese histories. Harry Potter was of course my favorite for a long long time. I still love it, but I finished Twilight and love it too! I'm reading the 5th book of the House Of Night series and I'm loving it, but since I was such a HP fan, I guess what's going to happen even if it's a shocker and with such good practice I'm usually right, lol xD.

I adore reading historical (or even non-historicals) of China, just so long as it sticks to the way of life they lived I adore it. Especially their weddings and marriages! I read and quite thouroughly enjoyed Bound Feet And Western Dress. I also liked reading The Kitchen God's Wife...though not as much as I liked BFWD.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-27-2009, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heva_Banana_Mad View Post
In the film Inkheart then that evil guy (can't remember what he's called) Oh yeah he's called Capricorn is acted out by the same person who was Gollum/Smeagol in lord of the rings I think he's called Andy Serkis.
Someday I want to read Lord of the Rings...
I don't know if you read Inkheart, but if you did, was the movie relatively close to the book? It's just that I want to see the movie but I'm a little nervous...I don't particularly want to go through the whole Ella Enchanted thing again...

And you should read LOTR, it's as epic as you can get...'tis super awesome.

It's weird, I think I started reading those when I was grade 6...I should read them again.

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 04-27-2009, 05:37 PM

I read it and honestly I was disappointed by Capricorn. You know how cold he was in the book? The actor didn't even get close to touching his true nature. Its an alright movie, I enjoyed it even as a fan of the books, and it managed to stay pretty close to the story line. Really, my main problems was with the actors, not the plot. They were nothing like I imagined, which makes me cringe a little inside, but its happened to me before and I've managed to cope.

Nothing really new and exciting to suggest since my only reading lately has been paranormal romance novels. They do have an interesting plot, but I am not suggesting them since many of you are too young.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 04-29-2009, 02:17 PM

I haven't read inkheart but my friend has I'll ask her tomorrow.
I want to read it though!
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Juicycouture

Default 05-04-2009, 03:52 PM

3 mistakes of my life is my favorite book also i like one night at call center.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
awesomeistic (Offline)
Silent

Rating: 1 Votes / 4.00 Average
Default 05-04-2009, 04:49 PM

i don't like to read the normal books but i read the mangas sometimes. they are interesting
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Aihana_ (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 22 Votes / 4.45 Average
Send a message via AIM to Aihana_ Send a message via MSN to Aihana_
Default 05-08-2009, 12:18 AM

The Mortal Instruments Series. Also known as City of Bones, City of Ashes, and City of Glass.