Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MizzCrosby87 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 4 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 11-24-2008, 05:10 PM

I truly reccomend the book:

The Deep and Dark and Dangerous

It's a very good mystery/horror book.

Lots of suspense and chilling moments. I just finished it and it was one of the best books I read :]

Ray William Johnson < 3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
BreeBree446

Default 12-31-2008, 12:09 AM

I love James Patterson's Maximum Ride series. I didn't really like the 4th book though. The first three are the best. Especially the second book, Schools out-forever. I highly recommend them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
BellaHale920

Default Twilight - 01-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Twilight books!!!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-14-2009, 08:07 AM

I still adore the Iris Johansen books. The ones I've read are:

Face of Deception
Stalemate
The Search
Pandora's Daughter

I've got another book of hers as well, Quicksand, but I'm saving that for a project next semester. Almost all of her books tie in with each other; there's an Eve Duncan series purely about Eve and her battle to find her daughter (who was kidnapped and murdered) and bring her home, which is a term she uses that means bringing peace to a family.

Pandora's Daughter was the first book of hers I read that didn't have a thing to do with Eve. XD Though that's probably just due to the premise of the book; there's an old family, the Devanez, that were powerful psychics. The family was scattered by the Spanish Inquisition, and the man in charge of it believed that one member in particular, a woman named Rosa, was the devil incarnate due to her ability to bring out psychic abilities in others. EG, a "Pandora". Each human supposedly has dormant psychic abilities, and if a Pandora touches a dormant human in a fit of any emotion, even anger or fear, the ability comes out. Unfortunately, not all humans can handle it and many kill themselves because it drives them insane. The abilities I could guess from the book were:

Healers (obvious)
Controllers (Telepaths, they can block out memories and influence people but the blocking of memories and powers means they are literally linked to that person forever.)
Finders (Give them a personal item of anyone in the world and they will find that person.)
Listeners (They hear the screams of people and events long past; sometimes they can even see what happened, and it is this ability that is most frequent and the most dangerous. If left unchecked, a Listener's power can drive them to madness.)
Shapeshifters (Again, obvious, I think they meant werewolves though)

I think there's more, but I couldn't tell, honestly. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 01-14-2009, 10:13 AM

I've recently rediscovered the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams. I lost the second book half way through it and now found it again. Brilliant books (:
Also, Tim Bowler is another favorite author. I don't know how well known he is but he writes scary teenage thriller stuff. Very, very good.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 01-14-2009, 08:20 PM

Queen's Own Fool, by Jane Yolen and Robert Harris. Great book. ^^ Well written and based on one of my favorite topics, that whole princess stuff. ^_^ I'm in love with it.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-15-2009, 06:21 PM

I read this huge warcraft manga book called the sunwell trilogy the other day. ^^ I also later found out my friend actually had it held because he wanted to buy it, and I was like 'Nyah nyah nyah nyah finders keepers losers b*tchers' Was so much fun.

It was about a young blue dragon called Kalecgos who's been sent to find the sunwell's energy after it was destroyed bye the undead scourge, but he's shot down bye some dragon hunters led bye Harkyn Grymstone, a dwarf. (A fairly cool one too!) He then meets a girl called anveena, who saves him from the dragon hunters and brings him to her house.
No prizes for guessing what happens next; The undead swarm along with their dirty little traitor of a master Dar'Khan drathir, a high elf formerly of quel'thalas. (Yep, you guessed it, he dies in teh FIORZ) And burn anveena's house. Nevermind her parents, you'll find about them if you RTFB. xD

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 01-15-2009, 06:27 PM

I think I read thee... second one. Not sure. XD I got it for a friend of mine though.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#19 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 01-15-2009, 07:06 PM

The one where we meet dear mordis? Lousy forsaken. And of course, everyone's favorite ghoul Ichor. -.-

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
(#20 (permalink))
Old
eliginorski (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-16-2009, 11:42 PM

Oh my goodness, I love Queen's Own Fool!!! It's one of my top five historical fiction books.
I've honestly never met anyone who's read that one before and liked it as much as I do.

"I have always valued my lifelessness."

~Tik Tok (Return to Oz)