Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default The "Thin" Thing - 08-19-2008, 04:34 PM

Though this issue is on the midst of changing, still it seems that too many stars are underweight.

Recently, on PerezHilton, there was a picture posted of a perfectly healthy and wonderfully shaped Kate Beckinsale in a bikini. I went to see what some the comments were (because I wanted to post the fact that she looked like me a bit) and there was more then one person claiming that she needed to lose 10-15lbs! ((Here's the picture in question: click))

Why do so many people feel like everyone has to be skin and bones to be beautiful? I think Nicole Rickie looks much better now after having a baby then ever because she ISN'T stick thin.

My mother has a mild form of anorexia that came with her depression, so I know not to judge people like that, but it seems that "thin is in". I don't like that. It makes me feel the need to lose weight when I'm a size 1 just because I have curves and apparently, to the media, that's a bad thing. (I've gained a bit of weight over the summer, I was a zero before).

So what's wrong with curves? My boyfriend likes 'em. I know tons of guys that do. So why is everyone dying to lose weight when they're perfect as is?

Opinions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!