Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default The "Thin" Thing - 08-19-2008, 04:34 PM

Though this issue is on the midst of changing, still it seems that too many stars are underweight.

Recently, on PerezHilton, there was a picture posted of a perfectly healthy and wonderfully shaped Kate Beckinsale in a bikini. I went to see what some the comments were (because I wanted to post the fact that she looked like me a bit) and there was more then one person claiming that she needed to lose 10-15lbs! ((Here's the picture in question: click))

Why do so many people feel like everyone has to be skin and bones to be beautiful? I think Nicole Rickie looks much better now after having a baby then ever because she ISN'T stick thin.

My mother has a mild form of anorexia that came with her depression, so I know not to judge people like that, but it seems that "thin is in". I don't like that. It makes me feel the need to lose weight when I'm a size 1 just because I have curves and apparently, to the media, that's a bad thing. (I've gained a bit of weight over the summer, I was a zero before).

So what's wrong with curves? My boyfriend likes 'em. I know tons of guys that do. So why is everyone dying to lose weight when they're perfect as is?

Opinions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-19-2008, 04:41 PM

Well, I'm overweight, my weight keeps ranging between 160 and 180 pounds and I do need to lose the weight since I'm short and there's a ton of history of diabetes, heart problems, etc. But if a girl is already skinny naturally, she has no need to feel down about herself, same as a girl who's naturally big-boned. I'm supposed to be a naturally big-boned person, my hips are pretty wide and so are my shoulders and ribcage, but I'm out of a healthy weight range.

At my school, nobody really cares if you're fat or thin; that was the THING back in elementary to middle school, which was incredibly annoying since a lot of kids just had baby fat left over from infancy.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 08-19-2008, 04:49 PM

My school's not like that. We do care. If you mention someone's name and the person's even 5 lbs overweight some say, "Oh, the fat one?" It's rude. This guy called my best friend a wine bottle because she's pear shaped. It's rude because she's a bit on the anorexic side (she's naturally big though, so she's still got wide hips) and admitted to being bulimic at her lowest.

Some people thought I was anorexic when I was younger because I was real thin. Then, the summer after grade eight, I blossomed from an A cup to a C cup. I still didn't gain much in the midsection but I did on my backside and earned my 'J-Lo' nickname.

It just bothers me when people lose too much weight when they were fine before and suddenly everyone's like, "Oh wow, you're so thin!" and "I wish I had your body." It's like they're encouraging this time of thing.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-19-2008, 04:53 PM

I know! It's just disgusting. The only people at my school that get nasty about weight issues are the ones that are super... fat. As in, completely grossly overweight. They go all "Oh, we don't have to lose weight, we're perfect!"

Seriously, being really overfat or really overskinny is BAD. VERY. BAD. It's like having too much of a good thing being bad and too much of a bad thing being really... bad.

My brain took a total furt right there. XD

Anyway, I've basically given to people that bother me about it that I don't give a crap what they say, I'll lose the weight I NEED to lose and no more than that. I refuse to be a Paris Hilton Redhead (we've got ten of those.) just to please obnoxious people who apparently have distorted self images.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TechnoMayhem (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: 3 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via AIM to TechnoMayhem
Default 08-19-2008, 04:56 PM

Yeah I know what you meann.
I have a best friend, she is slightly obese..her doctor even told her she needs to loose weight so me and my friends try to help her but she doesn't want it.
&&
My other friend, Analiz you could fit two whole hands around her arm.
We constantly tried to make her gain weight.
Sure she looked amazing at prom but she was all skin and bones.
It's pretty sad these days, your appearance has to be accepted by the world.

You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Catlover642 (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 11 Votes / 4.09 Average
Default 10-14-2008, 10:15 PM

I have heard from videos that thin is the thing in Hollywood. People should be happy with their weight. But everyone, like me that is overweight, can lose some weight. But don't go overboard.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
isa1234 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-17-2008, 07:50 AM

FRankly, I can't stand people wgo are stick thin,myself, I'm pretty thin bu7t it is from playing softball all my life and the excersizes that come with it, . So i agree with cat lover, people should be happy with there weight.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Fact is, you can't change your body shape and that's an end to it. If you're an apple, you'll stay an apple; same goes for being either a pear or an hourglass. I have an hourglass shape; big bust and hips, and there is no way I can slim those down. I used to suffer from compulsive eating disorder, and be constantly binging and dieting, and it was very bad for me.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
delly1 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 19 Votes / 4.53 Average
Send a message via MSN to delly1
Default 10-17-2008, 12:02 PM

I know what you ladies mean. I have gained a lot of weight over the year due to stress and well being to lazy which is my own dam fault. Never the less I think I am healthy at 130 pounds but I could do better for my height being 5'3.Myself I have been the pear shape..... Small on the top and HUGE on the bottom. So thats where my weight lies. I have too big of bum and too thick of legs for the media. Although people likt Beyonce who are hour glass shaped look healthy and not too skinny.lol I have more of a JLo body. Like this picture http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...photos/JLo.jpg. tehe guys seem to like it so I am happy the way I am I just want to become more physically fit with no excess flab...

(#10 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM

Well, I doubt your bum's THAT big. The image is photo-shopped. J-Lo is known from her backside, but it's not that huge.

I'm an Hourglass as well. Ever since I hit puberty, I have been. I like my body. It's more of just myself as a whole that gives me a lack of self-confidence at times.

Everyone should be happy with their body, of course. I'm not saying that overweight people shouldn't lose any weight - and I'm not saying people with anorexia/bulimia should keep up those habits. I think everyone should just be healthy. As long as you're healthy, you should be fine.