Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-17-2008, 03:30 PM

I spent far too many years hating my body; now, I've finally reached a kind of peace with myself. I've had a girl sneer at me and call me fat; I just replied, "Well, you're ugly. I can lose a bit of weight, but you'll always have a face like a pig," which shut her up.

I'm not fat, but I can see how those who champion the size zero would think so. Some model agencies give their models serious eating disorders by saying things like, "Ew, thunder thighs, no-one will hire you looking like that," when said model is just a size 12. That's not fat, by anyone's standards.

Curvy Wonderbra model quits after being told to lose weight - Brand Republic News - Brand Republic

Katie Green was hired by Wonderbra, who told her to lose two stone. Rather than do that, she quit. Good on her.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 10-17-2008, 03:37 PM

Wow. I'm not sure how much that is exactly in pounds or kilograms, but why would they hire someone for a "real" person campaign, then ask them to loose weight? Just goes to show you... modelling isn't the glamorous business it seems like.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-17-2008, 03:42 PM

Even if I was the ideal for it, I still wouldn't. Having to wear stupid clothes while people keep calling you fat the whole time does not sound like a fun career to me. -.-

(#14 (permalink))
Old
sarika2004 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Send a message via MSN to sarika2004
Default 10-19-2008, 04:01 PM

I'm underweight and have a ton of nasty health problems. Don't think that being thin is ideal or that you'll be happy. I'm 112lbs at 5'10 and am incredibly sick physically, not even funny. It's better to be a little more curvy than being a stick. Trust me on that.

Your sarcastic, spazzy, and smexy lover!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-19-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda_ View Post
Fact is, you can't change your body shape and that's an end to it. If you're an apple, you'll stay an apple; same goes for being either a pear or an hourglass. I have an hourglass shape; big bust and hips, and there is no way I can slim those down. I used to suffer from compulsive eating disorder, and be constantly binging and dieting, and it was very bad for me.
Hole cheese and crackers, I really am your mini-me; I'm hourglass, too!

I'm a decent weight for my height, I believe. XD Too bad none of the nice clothing looks good on me, because they design it for girls as flat as a plank of wood. Well, a minority of designers signed this thing saying they'll come up with designs that flatter other shapes, but it'll take a while for that to spread, if it ever will.

My b00bage is bordering D now, and I have real wide hips, like my mom.

I especially hate when fat people call other fat people fat, or twigs call other skinny girls anorexic/bulemic. -.- Hypocrites!

(#16 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Hey, I'm an hourglass too! *I had already posted that, but you know. xD*

I'm healthy. I have a thin waist, and big chest/hips. Actually, I'm losing some weight lately, but I still have the same shape.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-19-2008, 04:38 PM

I spend all the time I could use for working out and stuff on here. XD I'm okay. Well, I look really nice when I apply proper posture. I usually slump aorund like a bum, which makes me look bigger than I really am.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-19-2008, 04:48 PM

I make time because I'm only at school for a few hours a day. I have a spare. During that spare, I usually walk around downtown with my friends. ^_^

Also, the fact that I'm taking P.E. helps a lot. Even though I hate running, I really wanted to become healthier.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 10-19-2008, 04:51 PM

No P.E. No. I'd rather go hiking every day down at the Gorge.

(#20 (permalink))
Old
TinkerBell1995 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Rating: Not Rated
Default 11-20-2008, 05:38 PM

I've been little all my life. I was underweight as a newborn and I am still underweight. I am 5'1 and my weight bounces between 75 - 80. I get a lot of exercise and I eat healthy.