Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

View Poll Results: Who Do You Think is most Overrated?
Paris Hilton 9 10.34%
Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana 60 68.97%
Vanessa Hudgens 5 5.75%
Britney Spears 10 11.49%
Angelina Jolie 3 3.45%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default Who is the Most Overrated Celeb? - 02-05-2008, 09:00 PM

I guess this is sorta like "Who Are You Most Tired of Seeing?" yet updated polling and stuff.

Who do I think is most overrated, you my ask? Hmmm... Hard choice. I, personally, am stuck between Miley Cyrus and Paris Hilton. Can either of them actually sing or act? And I mean well enough to become a celebrity sing and act. Both are only famous due to their genetics and both have been in racy photos. Yes. Miley has. ((Link to... New Scandalous Miley Cyrus Pictures? | Backseat Cuddler Just underwear, it's not exactly X-rated...))

Now onto them separately -

Miley: Disney seems to be picking a LOT of wrong stars nowadays ((cough... Vanessa Hudgens... cough)). 1st of, like most Disney Stars, she can't really act. Luckily, 90% of their viewers are below 13 and can't tell good acting from crummy acting. She recently tried the 'punk-pop' look. It does NOT work on her. Her singing? Wouldn't be surprised if she's the next to make an Ashlee Simpson lip-syncing 'boo-boo' nation wide. She's fake. You don't even want to know how much makeup she wears. I saw a picture of her without makeup in a magazine and I cringed - almost more then looking at her usual overly made-up face. I know some people like her, (my brother and my friends brother are attracted to her for reasons unknown), but she seems too fake for me.

Need I mention, in a recent teen magazine, she said "I hate being a virgin" and mentioned how she finds it odd that she's trying to be sexy when she hasn't had sex yet. Miley (Destiny Hope) Cyrus also showed this magazine an application to a private school in Nevada that teaching girls how to lose their virginity in 3 easy steps.

Ratings? Acting: 2/10, Singing 3/10 - if it's even her, and 'Beauty Rating' 4/10. Overall, 3/10. And don't say I'm just jealous, because I've starred in a school musical - in which I played lead role - for my singing and acting talents. Not to mention, my BF thinks I'm attractive, and so do countless other guys ((sadly...))

Paris Hilton: Ultimate 'Parisite'. Her father owns some hotels and suddenly she's Hollywood's biggest wh'ore, for lack of a better word. Sex tapes, racy photos, not to mention a supposed online video in which she refers to African Americans as the N word, and says that "Public school is for poor people."

I don't even see why anyone would really like her at all.

Ratings? Acting: 1/10 ((note she ALWAYS plays a wh'ore)), Singing: 3/10 ((being generous here. Her singing is like a virus)), Beauty Rating: 5/10 ((note the wonky eye. O.o Literally...)) Overall: 3/10 as well. ^^

As you can see, I did not just say I hated them or thought they were overrated. I said why. Actually, I never said I hated them; I don't personally know them. However, I can say that I think they are overrated and people should definitely consider the facts before letting either one of them be their role model.

Other Top Choices: Vanessa Hudgens, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Richie, Lindsey Lohan, and Britney Spears ((Tho I own her new CD...))
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
alabamablonde13 (Offline)
Forum Contributor

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 5 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 02-05-2008, 11:25 PM

Miley, definitely. If it wasn't for her father she would NEVER be famous. Her singing is pathetic, and while I like her acting, it's not the greatest. I had no idea she was interested in that...I mean good gosh, learning how to lose your virginity? WTF? Yeah, I'm a teenage girl around her age and I am interested in sex...but not that much. What happens is going to happen as long as it happens with protection and it's not with TONs of different guys, but I can't get over how bad trying to learn the best ways to lose your virginity is.

But haha...those pics made me LMAO! As hard as she tries, I don't think she looks cute or sexy at all. I won't hold it against her that she looks a little rough without makeup...I've never met anyone who doesn't as a teenage girl. But by those pics it seems like she thinks she is just some sexy goddess...and she's not.

And, yeah, I'm not jealous at all. I'm not conceited, but I think I look better than her.

I would rather be scolded for doing what is right than praised for doing what is wrong.

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 02-27-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Language
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-06-2008, 06:09 AM

As do I... At least I should hope so. But yes, she does try and act sexy (note the 'sexy' pout) but it doesn't work. I still don't think I looked like that without makeup. Only makeup I wear is eyeliner and lip-gloss. I don't even own foundation. I never really broke out much. Even at that age.

Then some people think those pics are normal... O.o They're like, "It's natural for 15 year old girls to 'sex it up' and take those kinds of pictures" I don't think so. I as hell never did that. Plus, she posted them on her myspace. How stupid. -.-
(#4 (permalink))
Old
FairyPrincess654321

Default 02-16-2008, 09:09 PM

i would have to say miley cyrus. i think her singing and acting is really bad, and she's not all that attractive, i mean she's not bad looking but she's not at all that attractive either, i just get tired of hearing about her.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Doctorwho_gal (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 4.50 Average
Default 02-26-2008, 09:54 AM

Vanessa Anne-Hudgens really annoys me.
I mean.. she was is High School Musical...'Nuff said.
But she is soo cliche.You know , teen star loved by everyone goes bad.Its very boring. And I don't think she can really sing.Or act.Not in High School Musical anyway.

There is a theory which states that if ever
anybody discovers exactly what the Universe
is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

- Douglas Adams
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 02-26-2008, 11:34 AM

The only thing I liked about Vanessa Hudgens was that she wore nice clothes that I want to pixel. That's it. She's a d'mned Mary Sue.

Miley Cyrus is just yet another no talent Disney/Nickelodeon poptart. I've seen that show, and the quality is dire.

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 02-26-2008, 03:22 PM

And her singing is beyond dire. It's... well... pathetic.

She got drunk just awhile ago at a nightclub. SHE'S 15! ((Even if she does only look 12 or 13...)) That's too young to be at night clubs and drinking... I swear, Disney is not doing so well with casting 'Good Girls' that are role models to the kids who watch... Miley and Vanessa are NOT good role models at all...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
IcePrincess48 (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 5 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to IcePrincess48 Send a message via MSN to IcePrincess48
Default 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM

I am sick of seeing Miley Cyrus.
I keep on telling everyone that she is going to end up as Britney Spears or Paris Hilton and they're all like, "No. She's not going to end out that way."
I am pretty sure that she is going to end out that way.
They all get famous and then that's when it starts to happen.
Also, who would have three names?
Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana, Destiny Hope Cyrus.
It's crazy.

Happy June everyone and have a happy summer!

Credits:
Avie - Cutiekins.
Doll - Me; Animated by x_____x.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
spirit_queen (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-26-2008, 06:00 PM

Miley.
I can sin better than that, though I can't project well sue to the fact that I only just entered choir and have little practice. As for looks, my main problem is pimples, which is due to my hormone inbalance. I look decent without make-up, I suppose, though most guys see me as the nice, "invisible" girl, except that I actuallypluck my brows, compare dos some other "invisible" stereotypes.

And the sex thing is just sick. I'm prefectly happy as a virgin, actually, and plan on staying that way a long time. I don't want some guy who wants me for my body, though I'm not the type to attract those kind of guys (I go to school almost exactly as I wake up, except that I brush my teeth, comb my hair, change, and wash my face. I wear men's clothes for comfort).

Miley is a bad rolemodel for young teens, and there are a lot of genuinly good people out there who should have a chance to shine.

But, as always, the cheaters climb their way to the top, and the honest, talented people are forgotten. Such has always been how things work, sadly.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
xxGorgeouslyxDangerousxx (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 4 Votes / 4.75 Average
Default 02-26-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess84 View Post
I am sick of seeing Miley Cyrus.
I keep on telling everyone that she is going to end up as Britney Spears or Paris Hilton and they're all like, "No. She's not going to end out that way."
I am pretty sure that she is going to end out that way.
They all get famous and then that's when it starts to happen.
Also, who would have three names?
Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana, Destiny Hope Cyrus.
It's crazy.
Oh. My. God.
You have read my mind.
Almost EVERY girl I know is obssessed with Miley's show and music, and I'm being brutally honest, she isn't HORRIBLE, but I just don't understand the reason why she's so amazing in so many people's eyes.
And that's exactly what I tell all my friends, that she might just turn up like Britney or Paris, you know, doing the whole partying and doing some bad stuff kinda thing, but no one believes me.
And when I told them about the Miley pictures, they were all, 'Oh, it's not that bad. It's just a picture. No big deal.'
Yah, but you don't see EVERYONE coming out with pictures like that.
Geez. >.<