Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#21 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 07-22-2007, 10:45 PM

I was disappointed at the ending. I thought it was FAR to happy, and...cheesy.

Holly flying crap was the ending cheesy. I mean..jeez. Albus Severus?
WTH, Jo? WTH?!

And then she offed Snape. I was...I cried. It was horrid. Almost as worse as Sirius's, because I didn't cry when I read it. I was at home..and started thinking about it. Imagining the look on his face and bawled.
Then I bawled because of Fred.
Then because of Remus.

And finally because it was the very last book. One of the fondest memories of my childhood...GONE.

I still have to re-read it. I was still a little confused about some parts at the end.
It just all happened really fast.

I was hoping for Draco's death, really. --; And I kinda expected Hargrids.

And, buahaha. Harry WAS a horcrux. Now if only he would of diiied. D=

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Elosine (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-22-2007, 11:56 PM

I effing love that book. Oh my god. I always felt we should trust Snape.....he died. I cried a little then, but I was crying almost all through the chapter where Harry was about to let Voldemort kill him.

I like Luna's dad. Xenophilius? Cool name. And the Deathly Hallows.....When Voldemort got the wand my face looked somewhat like this : . And all the backstory on Dumbledore, plus how the barman at the Hog's Head was really Aberforth Dumbledore.
Not to mention that Snape was in love with Lily! I cried then, too. How Snape ripped off the part of the letter with Lily's love on it, and took her part of the picture so he could look at her...

Just overall, the book was amazing. I still can't get over that it's the last one.....

The ending was a bit cheesy, but sweet. Snape is now my absolute favorite character, hands down.

And Harry was a horcrux!!! I knew it! Excellent book!!

"And though I'll think of you, I guess,
until the day I die,
I think I miss you less and less,
as every day goes by...."
-Sweeney Todd
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#23 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-23-2007, 12:03 AM

Yeah, the "Snape loves Lily" part was wonderfully written. It was truely beautiful. But I can't believe Petunia WANTED to be a witch. Jealous of her sister, much? XD

I cried so much, but I loved the book. Great job, J.K. That's what I say. Ending WAS cheesy, though.

And Harry was a Horcrux. I loved how Snape got all ****y and was like, "So you waited until he could die at the right moment?" "I lied for you, spied for you, all to keep Lily Potter's son safe."

Seriously, though. I did NOT see those too being together-or at least Snape loving Lily.

*cries* So many characters died... All my favourites. NOT FAIR....
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 22 Votes / 3.59 Average
Default 07-23-2007, 05:45 AM

I wanted to hug Snape so bad. It did explain why he hated James, and why he hated Harry. Harry was a constant reminder that Lily hadn't loved him, but James.

I kind of want to write a story that has Scorpius and Rosie get together. ^^;

I think we should have a lament for the dead charries. Here goes:
HEEEDWIIIIG! MAAAAD-EYYYEEE MOOOOOODY! REMUSS!!! TOOOONKS!! SNAAAAAPE! SIRRRRIUS(Okay, he didn't die in this, but he is dead!) FRRRREEEED!! COLIN CREEEVEEEEY!!! GEEEEOORRGE'S EAAAAR! DOOOOBBBBY!
AAND EVERYONE ELSE KILLED IN J.K ROWLING'S GENOCIDE!

Argh, the allcaps, but ohh, the death!

"Without heroes we are all plain people and don't know how far we can go."

-Bernard Malamud

Last edited by Sarah_K_O_M : 07-23-2007 at 05:47 AM. Reason: To add more dead folks. And fix spellings.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-23-2007, 06:12 AM

I wanted Harry dead, dammit!

And Voldemort was always my fave character; and I loved Nagini. So I'm having a solo lament for them.

(#26 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-23-2007, 08:12 AM

Lol... George's ear. XD

Well, it sorta explained why he hated James-only sorta. Like, ever since they were on the Hogwarts Express Sirius and James teased him.

I'm so sad, though about the Remus/Tonks death. It didn't go into much detail and they just had a kid! Omg, I feels sorry for Tonk's mother... Her husband, daughter, AND son-in-law died...

And Hedwig's death came so soon... and Dobby's so sudden... I'll miss them both, too.

But Harry was a horcrux after all. Except... he didn't die. Sorta weird, but whatever. He was like... half dead. Lol. For like.... one chapter.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-23-2007, 10:43 AM

It killed the Voldy part of him. That was the freaky flayed child thingy.

-Bernard Malamud
(#28 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Yeah, but he still lived. It was weird. I had to read it through twice because I must have scanned over something the first. I was like, "What? He died but he didn't?" XD

I should make a shirt that says, "It's all fun and games until someone loses an ear." Hehehe.

And notice my avatar? In memory of one of the best characters ever. Remus Lupin. Cutest Werewolf Ever."
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Sarah_K_O_M (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Default 07-23-2007, 11:03 AM

He was the cutest, wasn't he? So cuddly.

-Bernard Malamud
(#30 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Default 07-23-2007, 11:07 AM

So.. cute... *sobs* So... so sad. But now Harry must feel like Sirius. Godfather to an orphan, you know?