Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

Entertainment Music, Movies, TV, news...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#191 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 08-19-2007, 07:35 PM

It doesn't say it was...it says...and I quote...
"In one swift, fluid motion, Neville broke free of the Body-Bind Curse upon him; the flaming hat fell off him and he drew from its depths somthing silver, with a glittering, rubied handle ---
The slash of the silver blade could not be heard over the roar of the oncoming crowd or the sounds of the clashing giants or of the stampeding centaurs, and yet it seemed to draw every eye."
So...there's only one ruby handled sword I know of...question is...last I'd heard of it the goblin had it it...

Ha! Now that I type it out, I realize it was inside the hat. Guess Griffindor is the true owner after all...

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#192 (permalink))
Old
NotYourPrincess (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.29 Average
Send a message via AIM to NotYourPrincess Send a message via MSN to NotYourPrincess
Default 08-19-2007, 11:04 PM

The Goblin had the fake, I think. o_o

If I treated you bad, you'd bruise my face. Couldn't love you more you got a beautiful taste. Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#193 (permalink))
Old
dudettel (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 12 Votes / 4.33 Average
Send a message via Yahoo to dudettel
Default 08-20-2007, 12:05 AM

I don't know...I re-read it and there is no doubt as to it being real...of course it could be something she thought readers would conclude on their own and I'm just being silly...
But regardless, it was either with the goblin or in the bank...and Neville reached in the hat and grabbed it!

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. Oscar Wilde
(#194 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 08-21-2007, 07:12 PM

I imagine the special properties of that sword made it somehow connected to the hat, which was Gryffindor's as well. I think the Goblin did get the real sword, but it must've vanished when it was called for by the hat.

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#195 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 08-21-2007, 09:12 PM

Dumbledore said in the second book that the sword could only be received by a TRUE Gryffindor in need of aid. That was Neville; he completely turned around from a cowardly klutz to a hero.

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm
(#196 (permalink))
Old
IsweetieI

Default 10-03-2007, 04:46 AM

i lurve the book i got it the afternoon it came out it took me 12 hours though it woudl of been 12 ho urs straight but my mum made me go to bed! so it took em 12 hours

is this normal or weird:
i was reading th ebook a second time and when iw as near then end on the part where harry finds out he has to die and you realli think hes gunna die i cryed my eyes out even though i knew he was goign to live and it'd be a happi ending i absolutley cried my eyes out till there was a river underneath me on the first tiem i read it but i dont think its normal that i cried the second time i read it , when i knew what was gunna happen!

hey j.k rowlign said that we'd find out what dudley saw in his dementor attack but we didnt! does any1 know what he saw? and she also said that some1 would use magic very late in there life! but that never happened! does any1 know who did?

i love ginny dont diss her shes awesome and so is luna i lurve luna too i lurve hermione but not as much as the others because she like xenophlius said "narrow minded, limited" she is too logical at time she needs to belive in her heart and start beliving in things that arent logical or smart and that!
i like cried a river on th elast couple chapters. When fred died it didn't realli affect me but i was still realli sad because he was the funnier twin and now george seems incomplete without fred. HOW ARE THE SUPPOSED TO KEEP THERE BUSINESS GOIGN?!?!
i burst out laugin when i read the part where molly goes, " NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU *****!"

lol that was funni

Last edited by Miranda_ : 10-03-2007 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Don't double post; edit your previous one.
(#197 (permalink))
Old
LadyBast0911 (Online)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: Not Rated
Default 10-03-2007, 06:30 AM

I loved Molly. She's so funny. I started to cry when Tonks and Remus died and then some more when Harry 'Died'. As for Narcissa, I like (kinda) now because she helped Harry and I think Fred shouldn't have died. She needs to make another book.

Being single doesn't make you weak, it means that you are strong enough to be on your own; Being alone could be a good thing, because there is no drama involved in your life, no pain, and free to do what ever you want. Life is too short to be chasing those who aren't even worth fighting for, you are worth more than that.
<3
(#198 (permalink))
Old
LilMizZC3rTify3d (Offline)
Addict

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via AIM to LilMizZC3rTify3d
Default 10-04-2007, 10:39 PM

She does and that huge gap btw their seventh year and the epilogue ....was making me mad

she shuda filled us in lol

Jk is still great tho (even though i secretly hate her for making fred die)

(#199 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-21-2007, 09:09 AM

I'm surprised no one has said anything about this yet!

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...nd-scores-more

To much ovation, JK revealed that Dumbledore was indeed ga.y(ultimate triumph ) and in love with Gellert. I always thought he loved Snape, but Gellert is great too.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-21-2007 at 09:16 AM.
(#200 (permalink))
Old
Silent_Wolf (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Rating: 18 Votes / 4.56 Average
Default 10-21-2007, 09:18 AM

Wasn't it Grindelwald?

And I heard it on CNN yesterday, but for some reason I couldn't figure out who it was. I was thinkin, "... so Dumble's g*y... who's the guy he fought again?" I feel dumb now. XD

I stare at the girl in the mirror: T-shirt, torn up jeans, no beauty queen.
But the way that you see me, you get underneath me, and all my defenses just fall away, fall away.
I am beautiful with you, even in the darkest part of me. I am beautiful with you;
Make it feel the way it's supposed to be!

You're here with me: Just show me this and I'll believe I am beautiful with you!
Halestorm