Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Drinks (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/drinks/)
-   -   Starbucks vs. Tim Hortons (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/drinks/23050-starbucks-vs-tim-hortons.html)

ColorPencil 09-18-2011 11:45 AM

Starbucks vs. Tim Hortons

Which one do you prefer?

I've personally never gone to a Tim Hortons (the one near me is over an hour away) but I heard it's freaaaaaking delicious. I'm a hardcore Starbucks lover and no one can change that, so I prefer Starbucks.

belladoggy 09-18-2011 02:34 PM

Not a coffee drinker...but I don't think there are any Tim Horton's near me. My mom, however, is a diehard fro Pete's Coffee and Tea.

Silent_Wolf 09-18-2011 06:01 PM

I like Starbucks when they have peppermint hot chocolate. That's about it. >_>;

Kiwi_Kat 09-18-2011 09:01 PM

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have not yet found a place that makes my "Vanilla Steamer" quite as good as Starbucks. I've actually never heard of Tim Hortons. Maybe it's an east coast thing? I don't know.

belladoggy 09-19-2011 01:46 AM

I think it's a Canada thing, actually...

tinker_bell_96 09-19-2011 03:24 AM

tim horton's is a canada and new york and jersey i believe and i think now ohio not quite sure but i prefer tim horton's to starbucks bc i basically grew up on tim horton's and starbucks was always too strong i really only drink iced coffees but tim horton's is my fav too bad i had to move i would love to have a tim horton's iced coffee and a bagel with strawberry cream cheese yumm lol

this has nothing to do with how good they are but whenever we would go thru the drive thru and we had our dogs the workers at tim horton's would always give our dogs 1 or 2 timbits hehe =]

TheHayleyDoll 08-29-2013 03:56 PM

Totally feel like I'm digging this up... Oh well, I like to talk about coffee and I like Timmies, so I'm going to dig it up and respond anyway! :lol:

Tim Hortons is a Canada thing. An AMAZING Canada thing. It's also found in the US, around the Canadian border. We have Starbucks as well. Where I live, there's a Starbucks and a Timmies pretty much across the street from one another.

That particular Tim Hortons sucks (mostly high school kids work there), but it's SO MUCH cheaper than the Starbucks. There's also another Starbucks, and another Timmies within walking distance (mind you, 20-30 minutes is definitely walking distance to me).

Tim Hortons is cheaper, and being a Canadian, it's a part of who I am so I go there more often and prefer it over Starbucks. =P However, I do sometimes go to Starbucks for a change of pace.

What other coffee/doughnut places are around you guys? There used to be a Krispy Kreme near me, but they couldn't compete with Tim Hortons (they opened up across the street from one), so they're gone. There's a Coffee Time near the bus terminal. I find Coffee Time so gross though.

belladoggy 08-29-2013 08:05 PM

There used to be a Caribou Coffee near my house, but they went out of business. I liked them better than Starbucks because they had a cozier feel; it was decorated like a mountain lodge, complete with a gas fire place and reading corner for kids. I was sad when they left. Starbucks is fine...I like their Chai Tea, but I'm still not a coffee drinker. There is a little place called Norma's Coffee Corner in my town too, and I've been there once or twice. They also have pretty good chai.