Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   Drinks (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/drinks/)
-   -   I am quitting soda, what is a good substitute? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/drinks/18331-i-am-quitting-soda-what-good-substitute.html)

PruneBlossom 03-30-2008 05:32 PM

I am quitting soda, what is a good substitute?

I am trying to quit drinking soda, what do you think are some of the good substitute?

Hannahmontanagurl123456 03-30-2008 05:34 PM

Water,Juices would be a good thing too, if you would like some flavor.

delly1 04-06-2008 12:03 PM

I have been trying to quit myself I find juices do the trick even tho its practically contains the same amount of citric acid in it and wears down teeth enamel.
water and milk is your best bad to avoid at all costs liquids containing citric acid and or too much sugar.

LancasterPrincess 05-10-2008 12:59 AM

Tea Must Be A Southern Thing...

I cut down on sodas as well. The best thing for anyone to drink is white tea. There was a study at Pace University that said that white tea can help your body's immune system fight off viruses and dangerous infection-causing bacteria. The same study concluded that fluoride-rich white tea helps prevent the growth of dental plaque, the chief cause of tooth decay.
It also helps protect the heart and help prevent loss the of bone density and some cancers. Not to mention all the antioxidants and the fact that it's supposed to make your skin look beautiful.

But if you're just not the "tea sort of person" juices are always a good bet. Just beware of the sugar filled ones. Try going for the 100% juices. Also, pomengrate juices are the most healthful.

jelibon 08-18-2008 01:15 PM

H2O ;)

and juices are good, my favorites:
1. pineapple
2. cherry
3. pomegranate
4. cranberry

you choose :]

Cookie_Crumps 03-16-2009 08:52 AM

I've been trying to quit soda too so what i drink is water and juices i sometimes drink nescafe too

cssdy_7 03-16-2009 05:01 PM

Water, Sparkling water, Vitamin water, and green tea :]

booni_monkey 03-16-2009 07:18 PM

I was never really addicted to soda (Hate the taste. All but rootbeer and Cherry Coke) Anyway, I drink fruit smoothies, chocolate milk, regular milk, seltzer water <3 (basically is soda without taste. Awesome substitute and my favorite drink) and LOTS of tea. Tea is simply wonderful.

spirit_queen 03-17-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delly1 (Post 683228)
I have been trying to quit myself I find juices do the trick even tho its practically contains the same amount of citric acid in it and wears down teeth enamel.
water and milk is your best bad to avoid at all costs liquids containing citric acid and or too much sugar.

Citric acid only wears down the teeth when consumed excessively. ^^ So long as one doesn't drink lemonade and orange juice every single time they get even midly thirsty, they should be fine.

For everyday drinking during work, water and tea are good; they do their job and hydrate you. I find that these two are the only drinks that truly satisfy my thirst.

But, when you just want something with a little kick to go with a meal, juices will work very nicely.

Cheshire1996 11-13-2009 04:12 AM

Usually I'm more tempted to drink soda's when it's hot but now I've taken to making home made ice tea, it's easy and delicious.
Also if you want a good 100% juice get some oranges and make orange juice or whizz up some yoghurt and fruits in the blender and make a smoothie:-D