Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
WeezyFRayRay (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Question Avatar chat? - 07-12-2013, 12:19 AM

So, I used to get on avatar chat all the time when I was in 5th grade, lol. I just made a new account and stuff to reminisce on some old times but then I see NO ONE is one?!?! What happened? Where'd everyone go?!?!?!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Noxerc (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 07-23-2013, 09:50 PM

This blows. I just came back after some months and have to agree. Nobody is on the avatar chat as well. I hope the website doesn't shut down sooner or later.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Online)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default 07-23-2013, 10:06 PM

The entire site has been generating less and less new users, that's why avatar chat is dying. Dollmaking is losing popularity quickly, and this site hasn't been updated in years. Those are the reasons. People leaving > people joining, it's that simple.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Veriria (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Rating: Not Rated
Default 09-17-2013, 02:11 PM

I think it's more that more and more people are drawing their own dolls as opposed to using dollmakers; but also besides that, there are a lot more doll maker-like websites on the internet nowadays. I remember that this website was one of the first 'big' ones back in the day. It's not so, now.

As far as The Palace goes, I did the same thing. I was gone for a number of years and finally decided last year to try going back on. I knew that none of my old friends would be using it, but I was unprepared for how low the population got. In fact, not only that, there are very few dolls or avatars to speak of. I have a theory -- websites like this one are the cause. Now, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I think that The Palace Chat helped to cause the explosion of "drag and drop" and doll maker websites on the internet. The big draw for The Palace to new users were the props/avs/dolls. Well, people no longer need The Palace to create dolls.

http://www.rubberhouse.net

the new 'All About Dollz' magazine
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Lucifrette (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 09-20-2013, 08:20 PM

I miss how much activity avatar chat had! Like, you could hardly see the background image in Palace View and the Beach there were so many people! I'm getting so nostalgic just thinking about it.

Avi and Sig made by me
Want me to make you one?
Click here

♥♦♣♠
(#6 (permalink))
Old
XGhetto_MarineX (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Default 10-21-2013, 01:46 AM

I am right there with you. I remember almost every room even created ones being so filled up you almost couldn't even see your out chats. It's pretty sad seeing it now
(#7 (permalink))
Old
sugarskulls (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 01-31-2014, 03:39 PM

GUYS JUST GET BACK ON GUYS
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JayMusicGirl (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Default 03-20-2014, 02:14 PM

Hey, I'm new! I wish people would get on it more, it seems interesting.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Veriria (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Default 03-24-2014, 10:38 AM

You should check out Palace Chat! Way more people use it compared to the chat on this website. Or check out Worlize, you don't even need to download software to use it since it's all on the internet.

http://www.rubberhouse.net

the new 'All About Dollz' magazine