Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards

Cartoon Dolls Community - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/)
-   The Doll Palace Life (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/)
-   -   Avatar chat? (http://www.thedollpalace.com/forum/doll-palace-life/23447-avatar-chat.html)

WeezyFRayRay 07-12-2013 01:19 AM

So, I used to get on avatar chat all the time when I was in 5th grade, lol. I just made a new account and stuff to reminisce on some old times but then I see NO ONE is one?!?! What happened? Where'd everyone go?!?!?! :(

Noxerc 07-23-2013 10:50 PM

This blows. I just came back after some months and have to agree. Nobody is on the avatar chat as well. I hope the website doesn't shut down sooner or later.

TheHayleyDoll 07-23-2013 11:06 PM

The entire site has been generating less and less new users, that's why avatar chat is dying. Dollmaking is losing popularity quickly, and this site hasn't been updated in years. Those are the reasons. People leaving > people joining, it's that simple.

Veriria 09-17-2013 03:11 PM

I think it's more that more and more people are drawing their own dolls as opposed to using dollmakers; but also besides that, there are a lot more doll maker-like websites on the internet nowadays. I remember that this website was one of the first 'big' ones back in the day. It's not so, now.

As far as The Palace goes, I did the same thing. I was gone for a number of years and finally decided last year to try going back on. I knew that none of my old friends would be using it, but I was unprepared for how low the population got. In fact, not only that, there are very few dolls or avatars to speak of. I have a theory -- websites like this one are the cause. Now, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I think that The Palace Chat helped to cause the explosion of "drag and drop" and doll maker websites on the internet. The big draw for The Palace to new users were the props/avs/dolls. Well, people no longer need The Palace to create dolls.

Lucifrette 09-20-2013 09:20 PM

I miss how much activity avatar chat had! Like, you could hardly see the background image in Palace View and the Beach there were so many people! I'm getting so nostalgic just thinking about it.

XGhetto_MarineX 10-21-2013 02:46 AM

I am right there with you. I remember almost every room even created ones being so filled up you almost couldn't even see your out chats. It's pretty sad seeing it now

sugarskulls 01-31-2014 04:39 PM

GUYS JUST GET BACK ON GUYS

JayMusicGirl 03-20-2014 03:14 PM

Hey, I'm new! I wish people would get on it more, it seems interesting.

Veriria 03-24-2014 11:38 AM

You should check out Palace Chat! Way more people use it compared to the chat on this website. Or check out Worlize, you don't even need to download software to use it since it's all on the internet.

D3SP0 05-08-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarskulls (Post 984444)
GUYS JUST GET BACK ON GUYS

^This. Just get back on Avatar Chat, invite friends, spread the word. I'll join in.