5th Annual TDP Secret Santa Event!
Ho ho ho! I see that Christmas time has arrived again, along with plenty of new faces! For those who do not know, I am Santa Claus and I am making a special visit here to host the third annual Secret Santa event!
What is the Secret Santa Event?
This event was started a few years ago to help bring the forums together as a community. It has gone very well, with only a few drop outs, so it has come back with hope of bringing more people into the holiday spirit!
Basically, you sign up in this thread and I will assign you a person to make a personal gift for once sign ups are done. It can be anything -a doll, pixel art, drawings, graphics... You decide, but you must keep in mind that this is about giving and it should be something the other person will appreciate and enjoy.
How does the event work?
There are some steps to the process, so make sure you pay attention! Please only sign up if you are certain you have the time for this event.
1. Sign up for the event in this thread. Basically, post! In that post you should indicate that you want to participate and include a small list (3-4 items) of things you like. Examples would be "the colour gold", "Lady GaGa", "50s fashion", etc. This list should be reasonable for all users! Also, if you are interested, you can volunteer to be a back-up gifter as well in the event someone backs out.
2. Once sign ups close, you will be assigned a person to make a gift for. It is recommended that you look at their list of things here so you can make a nice personal gift, although holiday gifts are acceptable as well. To emphasise, please do not make gifts before you are assigned! Some people did this last year and it really loses its personal touch if you do.
3. Once you are done, send your gift to me through PM! If you don't know how to do this, ask any of the staff members and they will be happy to point you to threads about it or even explain it personally. Also, please make sure your gift is hosted on a reliable image host. This would be like photobucket or tinypic. I do not save the gifts, so if yours goes missing (is deleted, moved, etc), you may have to remake it or one of our special back-up gifters may have to step in.
4. Once I get all of the gifts, I send them out! Everyone can then gush here about their gifts and try to guess who was their Secret Santa. You don't have to tell who you had if you don't want to though.
What happens if I need to back out? Can I help if other people can't make their gifts?
There is a special group of people who will step in to make sure your assigned person still gets a gift. Anyone can sign up to be a "back-up gifter" when they sign up for the event, though hopefully we will not have to do this.
December 2nd-Secret Santa begins; Sign ups can start!
December 15th-Sign ups to participate end! Assignments are handed out; gift making begins!
December 23rd-All gifts are due!
December 24th-Gifts are sent out and gushing begins :smile:
List of Participants
Here is our list of good girls and boys who have decided to participate! Names in red are people who have signed up to be back-up gifters as well.
Boldened names have turned in their gifts.
I'll be the first to sign up. :)
My name is Miranda and here is what I like:
1. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. My favourite ponies are Rarity and Princess Luna.
3. Matching signatures and avatars!
Hi Santa! :D
I like a lot of things, but I'm trying to expand my dolling collection.
But I know it's hard for some people to make items so for dolling wise, I like
1. Colors Silver and Blue
(Also I have blonde, straight, medium length hair with blue eyes.)
I'm in! This is one of my favorite events of the year!
Hi, my name is Bridie! (It's short for Bridget)
If possible, items I like for dolling are:
But, if that's too much to ask, here is my more "traditional" list:
1. The colors blue, green, purple, and silver (I like them all equally)
2. Pembroke Corgis
3. Yellowcard (the band)
(I have chocolate brown, slightly longer than shoulder length hair and greyish-green eyes)
Hello! Erica here signing up :)
And ADVENTURE TIME! my fave is flame princess :3
also i have dark brown curly hair and brown eyes
I'm in, I love this event,
I put down pretty much the same things every year lol:
fantasy animals, props etc
Cute hair do's
I have blonde hair and brown eyes, I love the colurs, black, silver, dark blue, silvery blue, baby pink and champagne beige.
Thanks, I cant wait to see who I get, I am going to put a lot of effort into my gift:)
I'll join too =D
>> Video Games (Pokemon, Little Big Planet, Sonic, Kirby, Fat Princess, Mario... I like these games and they aren't so tough to use as inspiration for a pixel/doll. If you're up for a challenge, Heavenly Sword, God of War, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones or Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, FF13, World of Warcraft, Portal, or Kingdom Hearts.)
>> Animals (Specifically, Giraffes, Llamas, Ostriches, Cats, Dogs, Wolves, Lions, Pandas, or Hippos. xD)
>> Colours I like include: Black, Red, Blue, and White.
I think that list will give lots and lots of options. ^_^
Ho Ho Ho! Sign ups have closed now, and assignments have been sent out! I will expect all gifts to be PMed to me by December 23rd.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for my gorgeous sig and avvie! :mrgreen:
Thank you to my secret santa for my flame princess doll! so cute, i love it!! =]
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 AM.|
© 2007 The Doll Palace