Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TheHayleyDoll (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 46 Votes / 4.30 Average
Default So TDP was down for everyone? - 02-06-2012, 04:50 PM

I tried every day (I really wanted to make sure my doll was entered in the handdrawn contest before deadline), but TDP just wouldn't load! It wasn't just the forum, but the entire site. I think it started February 1st? I thought maybe it just randomly shut down, and I was so worried - I just came back! I gave up the other day and today I miss-clicked a link in my favourites, came here, and POOF! It is ALIVE. Weirdest thing ever. I'm assuming this happened to everyone, since there haven't been any posts whatsoever in days.

I wonder if some people just won't come back now. If others gave up, like I did. :/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
owl_3 (Offline)
Silent

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-06-2012, 05:44 PM

It was down for me to. I'm so glad it's back up!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
eros (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Libra
Rating: 3 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-06-2012, 05:48 PM

I was worried that it wouldn't be back up. Does anyone know what caused it?

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 02-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Haven't the faintest idea; maybe bad weather caused a server to break down? It happened before once, and the site was down for ages.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
FlowersFall (Offline)
Shuni

Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 02-06-2012, 10:22 PM

I would check everyday to see if it was up, and nothing...I got scared, I thought the site was down for good. My internet kept saying the webpage couldnt be displayed. I even tried the internet on my phone. I now know how much I'm on here cause I wasnt even on my computer during the day lol.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
x3hurricaneheartx3 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: Not Rated
Default 02-07-2012, 03:14 PM

TDP was down for me too - I tried a couple times to access the doll makers and got the same message FlowersFall did
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 02-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Yeah, The site was down for everyone, I think it must have been a server problem.
Does anyone know why the owner of this site still keeps it running but doesnt bother to come and check on it, she's paying for it right?
She should sell it off to someone that can actually properly maintain the site.