Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default The Vine - July 2011 - 07-23-2011, 06:37 PM

Hello and welcome to another edition of the Vine! I bring you the usual: news, monthly awards, birthday gifts and predictions of your gruesome, yet hilarious deaths- er, I mean, horoscopes.

And as for news, well, the second Miss TDP pageant has finally begun (for real this time)! The first round has just ended and the results should be up soon. It remains to be seen whether new entrants will be accepted in subsequent rounds, but in the meantime, you can cheer for the participant most deserving to win (and by that I mean me).

Doll of the Month
Handdrawn
Queen or harlequim by HisLilPrincess - This beautiful baseless doll caught my eye with the wonderfully detailed folds on the skirt and the interesting, not to mention very well shaded hairstyle. The chess-piece shaped hat is also lovely and very fitting. Congratulations!
Want to comment? Her doll thread is here.

Dollmaker
Peacock by eros - eros takes the dollmaker award with this simple and elegant doll. It is beautifully put together, the doll fitting in so perfectly with the background that one might believe they were part of the same picture to begin with. The only thing that looks slightly out of place is the peacock prop, but it doesn't detract much from the overall image. Congratulations!
Want to comment? Her doll thread is here.

Art of the Month
Bucaneer Boardwalk by noirmali - And this month's award goes to - surprise! - noirmali again, for this amazing and emotion-filled piece. There are too many good things in this picture to list them all, but personally I love how the sea and sand are drawn - almost looks like it's been painted with watercolours. Be sure to read the post accompanying the picture on her thread - it explains the background behind the image, and is an enjoyable short story in and of itself. Congratulations!
Want to comment? Her thread is here.

Birthdays

Happy birthday to angel_deceiver, jojopanda213, Silent_Wolf, Elanorea (that's me!) and Mathiea29!

Happy birthday to Barbarinha, bell_6, xJESSiCA and nikkolai!

down with the character limit!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!