Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default The Vine - May 2011 - 05-22-2011, 08:00 PM

Hello everybody! It's May, the weather is lovely, exams are looming on the horizon and it's time for yet another edition of the TDP newsletter! And boy do I have news for you!

For one thing, the second Miss TDP Pageant will almost definitely with nearly 99% certainty begin Soon. In the meantime, be sure to check out the official Handdrawn and Dollmaker contest threads for some fun challenges! Alternatively, you could start your own contest in the Doll Creation forum. Just be sure to read the guidelines first!

And... okay, I lied, I don't actually have much in the way of news. However, I do have some birthday gifts, monthly awards, and horoscopes (admit it, that's what you were all waiting for)! Well, actually last month's horoscopes, but hey, they might still be accurate! After all, who truly knows the mysteries of the stars?

Doll of the Month
Handdrawn
Untitled by MFrana - MFrana takes the price yet again with her baseless doll. With its elongated, stylized figure, the amazing detail on the clothing, and an excellent contrast of light and shadow, this doll reminds me of an old painting. Congratulations!
Want to comment? Her doll thread is here.

Dollmaker
Libra by spirit_queen - spirit_queen was aiming for a sort of trading card look with this doll, and in my opinion succeeded admirably. It's the little details like the rays of light reflecting off the card and the semi-transparent shadow behind it that really make it work. Congratulations!
Want to comment? Her doll thread is here.

Art of the Month
Untitled by noirmali - noirmali has created a lot of great pieces in the last few months, but this one caught my eye with its interesting sketchy style. Although the sketchiness can give the impression that this portrait was drawn in a hurry, it is evident that a lot of effort was put into it - from the excellent lighting, the detailing on the hair and face, and the incredibly expressive eyes. A striking and beautiful picture. Congratulations!
Want to comment? Her thread is here.

Birthdays

Happy birthday to softballdoll, LILreBeL08, PalmettoMoonCEH, trouble38 and naruto_fan!

Happy birthday to virus, ArmyBrat1995, Cheer_chick2007, Sweet_Venom, BRUINS_CELTICS_GAL and Miggrator!
Down with the character limit!

Last edited by Elanorea : 05-22-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!