Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default The Vine - January 2011 - 01-30-2011, 08:21 PM

What's New?
Hello folks! It's a new year, and time for a new edition of the Vine! I apologise for the lateness, and also the fact that there is no Guess the Member or horoscope section this issue due to time constraints.

Due to a bug that rendered TDP's contest section unusable, a temporary fix has been set up in the form of allowing people to host their contests in the Doll Creation subforum. Several contests are currently running, so check them out or maybe start one of your own if you're interested.

The Dollsters official dollmaker is scheduled to be launched in a few days. However, contributions are still very much welcome, even after launch. If you're interested in taking part, all the necessary info can be found in this thread.

A surprise event organised by our greeters to celebrate the new year is also going to take place in the near future. The second Miss TDP pageant will begin soon after that, likely sometime in mid-february.

For those we don't remember the first one, we had a lively competition with 14 entrants in the Dollmaker category and 8 in Handdrawn. After seven rounds (the pageant lasted over half a year!) and lots of great entries, the winners were decided - Aussiemum777 for Handdrawn and prin367cess for Dollmaker.

The new pageant will probably have only 3 rounds and the judging will be done with a points system similar to Miss Mary Sue. I recommend taking part to everybody - it's a great way to challenge yourself and improve your dolling skills, even if you don't win!

Doll of the Month
Handdrawn
(untitled) by Cheshire1996 - I have always admired Cheshire's unique style, with excellent use of colours and geometric patterns. This doll is a great example of that, combined with a very interesting outfit design. It also shows that even some things we usually consider mistakes, such as straight lines for clothing and hair, can look good in the right style. Congratulations!
Want to comment? Her doll thread is here.

Dollmaker
The Element Air by LancasterPrincess - Once again, a very well-made doll from Lovie, with an excellent use of glitter and simple, yet effective props. The positioning of the doll on one side of the picture, combined with the wind blowing and birds flying in the same direction gives it a very dynamic look. Congratulations!

Art of the Month
Lord Voldemort by noirmali - Lots of great pictures by noirmali this month, but as a fan of Harry Potter, I had to choose this great portrait of You-Know-Who. A very accurate representation of the fearsome dark lord, with excellent lighting. Congratulations!
Want to comment? Her thread is here.

Birthdays

Happy birthday to GracexGore, belladoggy, katkatlovespink, Nana2005sa and yrowndisasterx!

Last edited by Elanorea : 01-31-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-30-2011, 08:28 PM

Finally it is here! ^^ Glad your exams are over, so you can do February's newsletter with Horrorscopes.

I can't really draw items; but I did some recolours of Bridie's ipod instead.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Default 01-31-2011, 02:02 AM

My birthday was in January too ^^;

And the re-colors look awesome, thanks for that Miranda!

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Elanorea (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Send a message via MSN to Elanorea Send a message via Skype™ to Elanorea
Default 01-31-2011, 06:41 AM

^ Sorry about that, I think the calendar must be buggy or something. I'll add your name to the list .

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Cheshire1996 (Offline)
Forums Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM

Thankyou very much for the mention >.<

Looking forward to the Miss TDP pageant ^.^

(#6 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 01-31-2011, 10:19 PM

Woo!!! Can't wait for Miss TDP! And Chessie, I brag on you all the time, lol. I love your individual style, it's so YOU. Great job to Normalie too! I thought your Voldy was awesome! Especially the unique use of squiggly lines.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!