Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Pumpkin_King (Offline)
This Is Halloween
Bonita

Rating: Not Rated
Default Halloween Dollmaker Contest - 10-12-2010, 12:27 AM

I see not many have you have gotten into the Halloween spirit yet, but maybe this delightful contest will appeal to you! If I don't start seeing entries soon, I just may have to leave the prizes with Sandy Claws for Christmas. Don't you guys want your surprises?

This week's event is a favorite of your artists, a competition. Maybe one you haven't seen yet though. While this is no fun, read the rules before you compete or you may find a trick is in store instead of a delightful treat!

Rules
1. Theft. No stealing the work of another. This applies to both handdrawn and dollmaker participants, so do not submit a doll that someone else made or, for handdrawn dollers, mix and match pieces of completed dolls that are not your own. All work should be original and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
2. Props. Props and backgrounds are encouraged, but should not be massive. We will ask too large of entries to reduce their size, so be reasonable.
3. Transparency. We ask that all dolls have transparent background and is a GIF file. If you don’t know how to do this, see the following thread: How to Make Backgrounds Transparent
4. Forbidden. Sexually explicit, nudity(artistic nudity must be okayed first by Silver_Wolf_Kitty), or overly bloody dolls are forbidden. Entering one could result in disqualification.
5. Theme. Every doll should relate to the theme. While we encourage creativity, failure to keep with the theme can get you eliminated automatically that round.
6. Judges. No one is allowed to use friendship or promises to sway a judge’s decision. Threats, bribery, and attempts to interfere or discover the judge’s decisions in anyway will result in disqualification. Arguing with the judges can result in an automatic elimination.
7. Competing. You can only submit one entry for each competition.
8. Animation. Animation is forbidden in the competition. We understand that many users like glitter, blinking, etc, but it takes away from the creativity and creates an unequal playing field for those who can’t animate. We want to see your work, not the work of your animator.

Theme
The theme for the Halloween dolling contest is "Zombiefied". Take a your RP character, a famous actress, or even yourself and let us see how you imagine them zombiefied! Keep gore tasteful (not just for those zombies, but for us human judges!).

When your doll is ready, we ask participants to post their dollmaker doll in this thread. It will close October 24th!

Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back
And scream like a banshee
Make you jump out of your skin
This is Halloween, everyone scream
Wont' ya please make way for a very special guy
Our man jack is King of the Pumpkin patch
Everyone hail to the Pumpkin King!

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 10-12-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
AaronShadows (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Rating: 9 Votes / 3.00 Average
Default 10-12-2010, 03:29 AM

Question. Does my doll -have- to be a conventional, rotten zombie, or could I pixel a dead body being possessed by a spirit? Yes, you know who I mean.

“I mean a weapon you hold. You have a gun, Tanith has a sword... I want a stick.” ~ Valkyrie Cain
“I’ll buy you a stick for Christmas.” - Skulduggery Pleasant
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 10-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Zombies are preferred, so take it as a challenge to leave your dead spirit-possessed obsession on the backburner for a bit

Zombie will be defined as a reanimated corpse, not a possessed one. Yes, this cuts out the old school "VooDoo" zombies. Sorry folks, trying to stick with a clear theme!

Av & Sig Credit: Me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-12-2010, 09:07 PM

Here's my entry; it's Zombie Gaga! Dollmakers used were Purrrfection and Maker Of 2009. Reference pic is here.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
belladoggy (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 10-13-2010, 12:51 PM

My entry! From my maker on my computer. It is myself as a Zombie.
Bg: Premade Background 261

Av/Sig set: Lovie
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 10-13-2010, 04:31 PM

Look out for my entry sooon!...It's great to see some entries already

(#7 (permalink))
Old
antimaie (Offline)
Hand Drawn

Rating: 12 Votes / 3.83 Average
Send a message via AIM to antimaie Send a message via Yahoo to antimaie
Thumbs down 10-17-2010, 09:00 PM

Here's my entry:

Zombie Tinkerbell!

Hopes you enjoym, it took me forever to make.

baby, you got me. ♥
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Aussiemum777 (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Candybar

Rating: 6 Votes / 4.83 Average
Default 10-31-2010, 07:58 PM

Is there still time to enter this one?

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default 12-04-2010, 01:31 AM

Thank for everyone for entering Our winners were...

1st: Antimaie
2nd: Miranda_
3rd: Cheshire1996

Av & Sig Credit: Me
Closed Thread