TDP Secret Santa Event! - 12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Ho ho ho! I see that Christmas time has arrived again, along with plenty of new faces! For those who do not know, I am Santa Claus and I am making a special visit here to host the second annual Secret Santa event!
What is the Secret Santa Event?
This event was started last year to help bring the forums together as a community. It went very well last year with only a few drop outs, so it has come back with hope of bringing more people into the holiday spirit!
Basically, you sign up in this thread and I will assign you a person to make a personal gift for once sign ups are done. It can be anything--a doll, pixel art, drawings, graphics... You decide, but you must keep in mind that this is about giving and it should be something the other person will appreciate and enjoy.
How does the event work?
There are some steps to the process, so make sure you pay attention! Please only sign up if you are certain you have the time for this event.
1. Sign up for the event in this thread. Basically, post! In that post you should indicate that you want to participate and include a small list(3-4 items) of things you like. Examples would be "the colour gold", "Lady GaGa", "50s fashion", etc. This list should be reasonable for all users! Also, if you are interested, you can volunteer to be a back-up gifter as well in the event someone backs out.
2. Once sign ups close, you will be assigned a person to make a gift for. It is recommended that you look at their list of things here so you can make a nice personal gift, although holiday gifts are acceptable as well. To emphaszie, please do not make gifts before you are assigned! Some people did this last year and it really loses its personal touch if you do.
3. Once you are done, send your gift to me through PM! If you don't know how to do this, ask any of the staff members and they will be happy to point you to threads about it or even explain it personally. Also, please make sure your gift is hosted on a reliable image host. This would be like photobucket or imageshack. I do not save the gifts, so if yours goes missing(is deleted, moved, etc), you may have to remake it or one of our special back-up gifters may have to step in.
4. Once I get all of the gifts, I send them out! Everyone can then gush here about their gifts and try to guess who was their Secret Santa. You don't have to tell who you had if you don't want to though.
What happens if I need to back out? Can I help if other people can't make their gifts?
There is a special group of people who will step in to make sure your assigned person still gets a gift. Anyone can sign up to be a "back-up gifter" when they sign up for the event, though hopefully we will not have to do this.
December 1st-Secret Santa begins; Sign ups can start!
December 13th-Sign ups to participate end! Special exceptions may be made within reason, so contact me in PM if you fall outside this date. Assignments are handed out; gift making begins!
December 23rd-All gifts are due!
December 24th-Gifts are sent out and gushing begins
List of Participants
Here is our list of good girls and boys who have decided to participate! Names is red are people who have signed up to be back-up gifters as well.
Boldened names have turned in their gifts.
Merry Christmas everyone!!
12-01-2009, 06:17 PM
I'll sign up; both for the event, and to be a backup gifter, too. ^^ My list is below.
3. Rock music
12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I'll participate and be a backup gifter.
1. Lady Gaga xD (As in the doll looks like her, and references, if you can.)
2. A halo
3. Black lipstick
5. 80's style
12-01-2009, 06:30 PM
I think Santa was thinking of you, Delaney xD
I'm signing up, though I can't be a back-up gifter since I'll be doing a lot of coding and imagery for the official Dollsters opening.
1. Rockabilly fashion
2. The Beatles/John Lennon <33333
3. Greens, Blues, Blue-Greens or reds and blacks/whites for rockabilly stuff
4. Fantasy, specifically elves(can you say LotR obsessed?)
12-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm doing this! I'll also be a back-up.
12-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Signed up for the event.
OK, let's see, i like:
1. the colour purple
2. cats and birds
3. my name (Angela)
I think that's it!
P.S. i'm the second poster! Yaaaay!
12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
OoOoOoOo! I adored this activity last year! Sign me up Santa!
I was a back up gifter last year, so sign me up for that as well again!
Lets see...I like:
My nickname: Lovie
Being married (to my blonde haired, green eyed caucasian husband, lol)
Purple and Slate Blue
Oh and I'm elegantly feminine, but not pink-frilly-girly .
Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!
12-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm IN! :D
I'll be a backup gifter as well. (:
- SHINee (Mostly Key) & Taylor Lautner
- The Mortal Instrumeants --> Jace! :]
- Llamas& Dinosaurs. :D
- Glee = my favorite show
btw, If you can't spell my full name, Ceils is fine. :D
This is a fail list, maybe my profile would help more?
ahah idk. :D
baby, you got me. ♥
12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh! Sign me up!
And something to do with gaming
Kingdom Hearts- 358/2 Days. I don't want spoilers from other games XD
And Eragon! I luffs it!
12-01-2009, 07:25 PM
oooooooo i am sooo in!!
things i like:
purple and neon colors
hannah montana fashion (newer fashion preferably)
skater fashion (skinny jeans, big skater shoes, t-shirt)
and last but not least hippie headbands
Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|TDP Forums Easter Event '09||Easter_Bunny||The Doll Palace Life||38||04-16-2009 07:07 PM|