Add to Favorites  

Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Cartoon Dolls Community  - Doll forums and doll maker discussion boards Visit The Doll Palace - Where Cartoon Dolls Live

The Doll Palace Life Site updates, coming soon, interesting facts, new polls and contests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Silver_Wolf_Kitty (Offline)
Super Moderator

Zodiac Sign: Leo
Rating: 36 Votes / 3.83 Average
Default Dollsters-Official Staff Owned Site/Forum - 11-20-2009, 08:37 PM

Okay, for anyone who has not been online this evening, the site has been down for exactly 2 and 1/2 hours. We are requesting all members join the rescue board now. We know we aren't ready, but we can't risk a shut down without having everyone prepared and have discovered that the webhost is due to expire next year.

So, join! I am changing validation settings now, so everyone just needs to have a working email. Massive help will be needed for copying and the such in the event we go down again. I hate to rush this since we are still under construction, but I'd feel better if everyone was there rather than not!
Dollsters

JOIN! We will give instructions there for how to help. Copying to all relevant boards where attention is immediately needed.

Av & Sig Credit: Me

Last edited by Silver_Wolf_Kitty : 02-07-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Babii_Des

Default hey - 11-21-2009, 01:38 AM

If this site is shutting down then how do we stop it?
Like how would we join the rescue board to help not let it shut down.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
LancasterPrincess (Offline)
TDP Greeter
Hand Drawn

Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Rating: 7 Votes / 4.86 Average
Default 11-21-2009, 03:58 AM

The Rescue Board is in place so that if/when the site does shuts down everyone has a place to go to. It'll be a safe haven for all TDP members to coordinate on what to do next or to simply just keep in touch with all of your friends.

If this site closed down there will be nearly nothing we or anyone but Jessica and her team can do about it. The only thing we can hope to achieve is to lessen our losses. And a huge way to achieve that is to not lose contact even if this site ceases to exist.

It was worded perfectly by someone, I cant remember who (Sorry person, hectic day ya know, lol!):

A site can change it's URL or be deleted, but you can never delete the frienships made and the lasting bonds that were created. Dollsters will be there to make sure that friendships last and bonds stay together.

Please have a look at my Shop!
Help a girl out, keep me in mind, and share link with your friends and parents!

Last edited by LancasterPrincess : 11-21-2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: *Edit1:Added link *Edit2: Links not working?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-21-2009, 06:48 AM

Is this just the forum or both the main site and the forum?
I have registered.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Rating: 46 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-21-2009, 07:23 AM

It's the whole site. Since the forums are hosted on the main TDP server, if there's a site shutdown then the forums will go too.

The fact that there have been no updates for so long; the site isn't being kept clean or monitored; and that helpdesk is still backed up are what makes us think that Support will eventually close the site down. You can see why we're worried, so if you want to keep in touch with everyone and keep posting on a TDP like site, then join Dollsters right away. We're not finished with the board yet, but we plan to have all the updates we wanted for TDP installed.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Heva_Banana_Mad (Offline)
Candybar

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Rating: 2 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-21-2009, 07:46 AM

Oh ok. NOOOOOOO!
Don't worry if you don't know the answer to this question.
If we have premium do you think it will be automatically cancelled or do we have to cancel it?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-21-2009, 08:15 AM

I expect it will be cancelled and refunds given out; no business would just take your money and run. If that happens, then I guess we'll know for sure that there's going to be a permanent shut down.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
person_2 (Offline)
Bonita

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Angry site shut down - 11-21-2009, 10:30 AM

that dollers sight is wierd. its so much different than tdp. like, u dont have a profile or others to comment on and, the sight wont let me post on a forum!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Miranda_ (Offline)
Forums Administrator
Site Admin

Default 11-21-2009, 10:34 AM

If you don't like it, then that's your problem. We're not changing it. All we are doing is giving everyone a place to go in case of a shutdown, but if you don't like it, then you don't have to go there. At least we gave you the chance.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
tinker_bell_96 (Offline)
Shuni

Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Rating: 1 Votes / 5.00 Average
Default 11-21-2009, 12:06 PM

if TDP does shut down will dollsters have dollmakers and club and cliques etc too or is it just going to be the forum?

Avi by Lovie
Sig by Lovie